• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You skills will quickly prove themselves on the Bay. You will develop a loyal following regardless of adding a tagline. I stay busy with two eBay accounts. One for selling cool **** and one for selling less-than-cool ****.

Thanks. I like your two-account style (like authors adopting a pseudonym for a different genre), but have to admit, a loyal following kind of scares me. :foo:

This could be useful - a tool to see how much stuff sold for on Etsy: http://www.flippertools.com/tools/etsySoldPrice/etsy-sold-price.htm

And thanks for this! Was just trying to figure that out.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I like your two-account style (like authors adopting a pseudonym for a different genre), but have to admit, a loyal following kind of scares me.
foo.gif

And thanks for this! Was just trying to figure that out.

exactly. i have a nom de plume for my nighttime pursuit of writing erotic space operas. i call the genre "science friction"

noob15

Reaction score
Here is another crappy buyer experience. Had a new eBayer purchase a pair of shoes. Received them yesterday and emailed me today stating that he wore them for an hour and the soles fell apart. Asked him for photos and after having to talk him through the process, he sent a blurry and cropped pic of the soles which were completely destroyed. As in the rubber was completely gone on the right shoe and on the heel of the left shoe. It looked like someone who was dragging his right foot while riding a motorcycle. Told him that I wouldn't accept a return unless it was in the same condition. Buyer started to get belligerent and accused me of using fake photos. I pointed out the identifying mark on the bottom of the surviving sole and he threatened negative feedback. eBay is being helpful so far, so we'll see. What ticked me off was that his story changed four times about what condition the shoes were in when they got to him, at first he said he wore them for a little bit, then he said he wore them around the house, then he said he noticed the damage when he opened the box.

Just to spare anyone else the bother of dealing with him, his user name is ra-newbe.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth a shot. Might alienate the homophobes but might grab the attention of a few people looking for something like that.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Worth a shot. Might alienate the homophobes but might grab the attention of a few people looking for something like that.

Im fine not selling anything to homophobes. :)

Its a Turnbull & Asser. I think I will.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

you might also consider "pride" as well. 

Good call. I didnt know if there was a certain layout of the colors of the stripes that meant something.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA gents... Post Offices are closed today for Veterans Day, and I'm kind of glad I don't have to drive today. First snow day of the season. Here's the view from my office window:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads