• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been on hold waiting for a rep for 2.5 hours now. There has to be a better way.
Man, some of you guys have awful luck. Knock on wood, but I had to call twice in the past week and I don't think I waited at all. Entered my 7 digit code, rang 2-3 times and then someone answered. Hopefully you at least can just have it on speaker and get other stuff done or watch a movie or something while you wait.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been on hold waiting for a rep for 2.5 hours now. There has to be a better way.

Man, some of you guys have awful luck. Knock on wood, but I had to call twice in the past week and I don't think I waited at all. Entered my 7 digit code, rang 2-3 times and then someone answered. Hopefully you at least can just have it on speaker and get other stuff done or watch a movie or something while you wait.

Wow! 2.5 hrs?!?! That would drive me into a homicidal rage! Lately, the few times that I have had to call, I have been rather lucky. I think 5 minutes was my longest hold time.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow! 2.5 hrs?!?! That would drive me into a homicidal rage! Lately, the few times that I have had to call, I have been rather lucky. I think 5 minutes was my longest hold time.

I was on hold for 3.5 hours on Friday. The rep insisted they are installing upgrades. I also wasn't able to upload listings after about 2:00 PM MST today for some reason. A great excuse to take the afternoon off and get some climbing in.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call eBay on the second case, if he started the return process then he has 5 business days to ship it back. Just tell eBay he hasn't sent it back and they should close it in your favor.
Yep, just did this, quick and painless. Actually the d-bag uploaded the original shipping tracking #, so it showed as shipped and ebay was telling me I had to refund. When I called to straighten that out, he said it was >5 days, he'd close the case in my favor.
Guy messaged me the next day saying he didn't use ebay shipping and that I should have received it back already. I hadn't and still haven't, so I'm glad ebay did that.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

Yep, just did this, quick and painless.  Actually the d-bag uploaded the original shipping tracking #, so it showed as shipped and ebay was telling me I had to refund.  When I called to straighten that out, he said it was >5 days, he'd close the case in my favor.
Guy messaged me the next day saying he didn't use ebay shipping and that I should have received it back already.  I hadn't and still haven't, so I'm glad ebay did that.

Can they leave negative feedback. I'm just paranoid if I call and ***** that he didn't send, it can lead to more trouble. I'm just annoyed I dont have my Money or an item to sell.

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the Bay. Buyer sent me a message a few minutes ago about a tie that he didn't receive... in June!!! To be on the safe side, I called eBay. The recorded message claimed that the wait time would be greater than 10 minutes. Well, a whole 20 seconds elapsed before a most courteous csr named Jay picked up the call. Anyway, he set my mind at ease and then proceeded to look over any possible defects to see if he could help. Sometimes you just get lucky.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to hang up after 3 hours. There must be some other factors involved here...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a return request on a smoking jacket almost a month after sale, pretty much have to accept don't I?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a return request on a smoking jacket almost a month after sale, pretty much have to accept don't I?
Anything up to 30 days, I believe.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can they leave negative feedback. I'm just paranoid if I call and ***** that he didn't send, it can lead to more trouble. I'm just annoyed I dont have my Money or an item to sell.
Nope, when a case is opened and closed in your favor, they can't leave feedback.

Anything up to 30 days, I believe.

If you don't take returns, you don't have to take it back. If you do take returns, you only need to do so within your return window (14 days, or whatever you have it set at) If they are claiming the item is not as described, they can force a return, not otherwise.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope, when a case is opened and closed in your favor, they can't leave feedback.

If you don't take returns, you don't have to take it back.  If you do take returns, you only need to do so within your return window (14 days, or whatever you have it set at)  If they are claiming the item is not as described, they can force a return, not otherwise.

Claiming its "defective "

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads