1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

This the message that Feuco sent to the buyer.

2 people like this.
  2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That was my message to him. In a previous message, I gave him permission to use my pictures.

3. AIC99

AIC99 Senior member

Congratulations

1 person likes this.
  4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Here's a bit of the backstore. This guy was super polite right up until he didn't get his way, hence my response to his feedback...

My first message to him (I'm sorry to hear that the shoes do not fit...) was sent after waking up to see that a return was open for "Does Not Fit". His first response claims that there was no return policy stated in my listing (this is my first red flag).

[​IMG]

I responded, and even gave him screen captures showing where the return policy is shown in my listing.

[​IMG]

His response to me questioning his negative feedback shows what a real douchebag he is. Would it be wrong to block an entire country based on one asshole?

[​IMG]

6. double00

double00 Senior member

EDIT EDIT: nvm. figured it out.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  7. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

There's no way this isn't real: 322411488341
    almost 2 months after the sale an authenticity claim. On hold w/ the bay right now, going to work the buyer's remorse angle. If it fails, give me some talking points to get the CSR past script to escalating and closing in my favor.
    [​IMG]
    for the blocked list.

Closed in my favor, but not on the merits of the case, just because of the age of the transaction. Almost lost the first round. We'll see if this goes to PP.

Bad things come in 3s?
    PP Unauthorized Payment claim from new buyer.
    [​IMG]

So the 3rd, I'm hoping, is the 2 unauthorized transactions I found when reviewing my PP debit card charges. 2 gas stations in VA down the road from each other for $100+ each. Already got my $ back, but the case is pending. Don't know how I'd lose, but time will tell.

For those of you just tuning in, got the Ludlow Unauthorized payment claim closed by a lovely man in Scotland. Was on hold for a few and was surprised when I heard the distinctive double beep of the UK phone system. Had a good chat, and after a few glitches with his system, we got the case closed in my favor. Let's hope that's all the drama for a while.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  8. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

BO at $65, second offer at $75, third and final offer $80.

Not seeing the problem here.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

You don't have a problem with a seller marking a used item up $50 over retail for a BINOBO listing? When I pointed him towards the item's page, his response was that "other Gustin jeans sell for a lot more". Yeah, not this one.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

More like $35, $40, $50

11. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

Sorry, I misunderstood since I don't know much about denim—I thought you meant that $80 would be a fairer resale price, not that one could buy it new/elsewhere for $80!

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

No worries. He showed a pic in the listing of the item number tag. It's a quick search to find retail price from that. I was trying to help him by pointing him to the item's product page and his immediate response was combativeness

13. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Updates about the person who wanted to return an item 70+ days out. We swapped a couple of messages before him finally realizing he messaged the wrong seller and item. When he started describing a NWT item I knew he had the wrong person. He sent an apology note this AM. [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  14. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Anyone ever sell gold items on eBay? Is is safe? I found a 1oz gold panda coin in a box of my parents I hadn't seen in 10 years. No sentimental value so I just want to sell it. I am worried about a scammer. It is probably worth $1500-$1800. Any tips to keep safe?

16. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Had this issue with photobucket once and then went to hosting all my own photos on my website account under my own domain. 0 issues with down time or things changing

2 people like this.
  17. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Has it been graded? PCGS will do a gold coin in that price range for around $32. It will save you a TON of headaches dealing with people who will invariably ask a myriad of questions regarding quality.

1 person likes this.
  18. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I may do this, but it is $65 to join then the grading fee, submission fee, shipping cost and shipping fee. It will be almost $150 total

19. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

My bad... I left out lots of info. I used to deal in coins. Don't worry about the membership stuff. You are fortunate in that Nashville is like coin central. There are tons of coin shops in that area. Many of these like Coinpurse on Hillsboro Pike and Nashville Coin in Brentwood are authorized submission sites. Let them submit the coin for you and it reduces the amount that you would pay for a personal submission. Plus, once submitted, their insurance covers the coin in case anything happens (at least that is the way that is used to work). Anyway, it's a cheaper (and safer) option.

1 person likes this.
  20. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

2 people like this.