• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Have one for the banned list. Went back and forth on best offer for a week. I finally accepted a bid that made sense for me. Buyer never corresponded; never paid even after multiple reminders and then the case opening. Finally closed today without any correspondence from the buyer: floridaqualitycars

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a new one for me. I had a buyer in Norway just buy 3 things from me. He requested an invoice through eBay, thing is I'm using GSP (I know, I know, I'm working on it). I can go and generate the invoice for him, but from past experience I don't think I can combine shipping on these for him (in US Shipping is Free for all my buyers). Does anyone know if things have changed? Will I be able to combine the items, to cut down on both of our charges? Is it going to create an issue due to some blindspot/shortsighted-ness of eBay?

Note: don't do this without someone else chiming in to make sure there isn't a better way, but I'm wondering if this would work for a multiple GSP sale.

Combine all the items into one box, ship it and then got to 'mark as shipped' and copy and paste the tracking number into the other items. The caveat is that the buyer would have to pay the full price and then you'd have to refund the shipping difference.

The other way you could do it would be to cancel all of the transactions and relist them either as one listing or with the shipping changed to non-GSP. It's a pain ********** but it has worked for me in the past.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who in here is a 42 regular and needs a bright red Gianluca Napoli slubby silk jacket?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262097711363?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Not my listing

Last edited:

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is a new one for me. I had a buyer in Norway just buy 3 things from me. He requested an invoice through eBay, thing is I'm using GSP (I know, I know, I'm working on it). I can go and generate the invoice for him, but from past experience I don't think I can combine shipping on these for him (in US Shipping is Free for all my buyers). Does anyone know if things have changed? Will I be able to combine the items, to cut down on both of our charges? Is it going to create an issue due to some blindspot/shortsighted-ness of eBay?
This is one of the worst problems with GSP. You simply cannot combine shipping for multiple listings.

Quote:
Don't do this. You can't refund money that you don't collect from the buyer. The buyer pays Pitney Bowes (eBay's GSP contractor) directly for duties and international shipping on each listing that they purchase through GSP. They only pay the seller for the domestic portion of the shipping. Not only will you get stuck with a buyer expecting a much larger refund than you can provide, you'll also have Pitney Bowes claiming they never received 2 out of 3 items.
The other way you could do it would be to cancel all of the transactions and relist them either as one listing or with the shipping changed to non-GSP. It's a pain ********** but it has worked for me in the past.
Do one of these! If you like the added protection of GSP, relist all 3 items as a single listing. If you want to offer the best possible rate, opt out of GSP altogether and relist the items.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Do I need to worry about sending a (to me) fairly expensive item to Malaysia via eBay's global shipping program? Once the item gets to KY intact, I'm covered, right? Or can the buyer ding me still?

Edit: I'm talking about vintage Red Wing boots.

Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've got my first fit related complaint, on this SC: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BURBERRY-Lo...G-/231677167375?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123.

Buyer sent me a message earlier today, after having the item for 19 days, saying "Jacket looks amazing but the sleeves have been altered. Did they cut the sleeves or are the still in the jacket?". I responded by saying "Glad to hear it looks amazing! I didn't have a tailor alter the sleeves so I'm not sure how much they could be lengthened. A local tailor should be able to tell if they can be taken out/lengthened (and how much) by feeling the inside of the sleeve cuff. Hopefully that helps!".

The length from the BOC is 33", sleeves are 26", very clearly a long. So I got a message back from him saying "It's a 54xl with shortened sleeves. It's not even a long. It had to be altered." I had it listed as the tagged size, and provided sleeve measurements in my listing. He has not left feedback yet, do I have anything to worry about/what do I need to do, to make sure I don't get a defect?

Thanks in advance!

Bump. Appreciate the help - don't want to get another defect. Got one recently for a pair of sunglasses where the buyer left positive feedback, but dinged me for the item "not being as described"...

borbor

Reaction score
Bump. Appreciate the help - don't want to get another defect. Got one recently for a pair of sunglasses where the buyer left positive feedback, but dinged me for the item "not being as described"...
my advice is to call ebay.

this smells like buyers' remorse. But I will say that a 26" sleeve isn't "clearly" a long.

I have a bunch of PZs where the BOC is basically a reg but the sleeves are 27". Granted it's a 46L and not a 44L; so your BOC could be a long; but the sleeves are on the short side of a L jkt.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my advice is to call ebay.  

this smells like buyers' remorse.  But I will say that a 26" sleeve isn't "clearly" a long.

I have a bunch of PZs where the BOC is basically a reg but the sleeves are 27".  Granted it's a 46L and not a 44L; so your BOC could be a long; but the sleeves are on the short side of a L jkt.  

Thanks, guess I'll give them a call.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I need to worry about sending a (to me) fairly expensive item to Malaysia via eBay's global shipping program? Once the item gets to KY intact, I'm covered, right? Or can the buyer ding me still?

Edit: I'm talking about vintage Red Wing boots.
You're completely off the hook once it arrives at its domestic location using GSP.

classicthrifter

Reaction score
A buyer requested to cancel the order via eBay. I did. This was yesterday. Paypal has not sent the money back yet.

Ebay shows this:

However, it still shows that the "buyer has paid, ship now" in my messages popup. It would still allow me to print a label and ship.

Why is there this disconnect? I thought the refund would be immediate. Does the former buyer need to do something on their end to complete the cancelation?

Thanks for any tips all!

borbor

Reaction score
I don't think the refund is immediate.

Hell I sold one and the guy wanted to cancel it before he even paid. I did; and I still had to wait X business days for ebay to "verify" I "refunded" the buyer (when the ******* money never changed hands)

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A buyer requested to cancel the order via eBay. I did. This was yesterday. Paypal has not sent the money back yet.

Ebay shows this:

However, it still shows that the "buyer has paid, ship now" in my messages popup. It would still allow me to print a label and ship.

Why is there this disconnect? I thought the refund would be immediate. Does the former buyer need to do something on their end to complete the cancelation?

Thanks for any tips all!

I don't think the refund is immediate.

Hell I sold one and the guy wanted to cancel it before he even paid. I did; and I still had to wait X business days for ebay to "verify" I "refunded" the buyer (when the ******* money never changed hands)
Whenever I have to deal with a canceled order, it's far better to take all matters into your own hands and not be forced to rely on communication between ebay and paypal and a buyer and their money etc...

If they've paid but need to cancel for some reason (these are few and far between, I haven't accepteded a return in 8 months, so excuses for backing out should relate to filing Chapter 11, your home burning down, or identity theft and subsequent complete liqudiation and funneling of all assests...these I allow cancelations, and doing so I just go to the finished auction and then click "view paypal transaction" which will direct you straight to the transaction page on paypal allowing you to immediately refund right there, this refund is automatically registered, processed and recognized by ebay and your problems are solved. I've learned to never rely on the communications between to other parties over matters pertaining to your business, handle that **** directly whether it is with one or if both is necessary, its far more efficient, eliminates errors, delays or confusion, and allows you to be done with what you need to done with immediately and never worry of it again.

One true key to maintain peace of mind when operating an ebay business is knowing your fully in control and you and solely you are able to take care of any and all errors and compliocations, quickly, efficiently, and in a manner that results in absolutely zero delay times or waiting periods....I've found the only way to make sure you are never in a position thinking about a pending refund or cancelation or whatever, is never let others do the work, never just click a button that says that thats gonna happen, never just trust the system...also go to the very source of any and all issues and solve them immediately right then and there....i.e. if its a matter of transaction and money being paid or refunded or whatever, you only and always, strictly use paypal to deal with EVERYONE of these types of issues that may occur. They are the ones in charge of the transaction, the ones transfering funds, the ones with immediate access to yours and the other parties liquid assets etc..never ask ebay to every do anything for you transaction related, never use a third party when direct interaction is available. Actually just never have ebay do anything for you, ever...cuz they'll ******* up. You will never experience any issues like these ever again if you just make sure to do that (referring to handling transactions directly with the party who actually is responsbile for them, paypal, not the party who doesn't give **** about anything but covering their ass and also making sure that no matter what, if money ever changes hands, that they will have their 10% without fail, these are reasons for their delays, they wanna make sure they aren't missing they're cut or being shorted via transaction complication)... I guarantee you this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads