• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bostonian shoes

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Since you're in Vancouver, you're essentially SOL when it comes to English shoes, or even high-end Italian ones. I am in the same boat in Toronto. I believe the only store in Canada that carries EG is L'Uomo in Montreal. Holt Renfrew and Harry Rosen only carry AE, Hugo Boss, Prada and other designer crap and a modest selection of Ferragamo (the Rosen flagship on Bloor here carries SF Tramezza, which the best you can find up here).

I just checked their website. This is the list they had, although they had a disclaimer that not all shoes are offered at the Pacific Centre location.

Allen-Edmonds
BOSS Hugo Boss
Bruno Magli
Cole Haan
Donald J. Pliner
Ecco
Ferragamo
Giorgio Armani
Kenneth Cole
Versace
Zegna

Of those are AEs the only good ones?

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
Allen-Edmonds
BOSS Hugo Boss
Bruno Magli
Cole Haan
Donald J. Pliner
Ecco
Ferragamo
Giorgio Armani
Kenneth Cole
Versace
Zegna

Of those are AEs the only good ones?

Correct.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems a little unfair. Some Ferragamos are very good shoes indeed. I don't know about some of the other brands like Pliner and Bruno Magli.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
How much are Ferragamos usually? I'm willing to spend a lot on shoes if they're really good and comfortable, but there is an upper limit to what I can afford.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
That seems a little unfair. Some Ferragamos are very good shoes indeed. I don't know about some of the other brands like Pliner and Bruno Magli.

Bruno Magli Platinum is very good, but very expensive (they're $695 retail shoes that should go for $350 or so - all prices USD). Bruno Magli's mainline is not as good as AE, while typically being another $100 on top of AE's retail.

Ferragamo Tramezza is supposed to be worth the money, at around 600 or 700. Ferragamo and Ferragamo Studio is not.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much are Ferragamos usually? I'm willing to spend a lot on shoes if they're really good and comfortable, but there is an upper limit to what I can afford.

More expensive than AE, usually.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rosen is asking $950+ for SF Tramezza, which is the top line. This is insane but he can get away with it because there is virtually no competition. Tramezza can be had for $300 on eBay. Mainline SF is a decent buy at < $150, not the $650 they want for them at retail.

That said, while AE may be better value for $, I can't get around to liking the styles. Tramezza OTOH are far more aesthetically pleasing imo.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Rosen is asking $950+ for SF Tramezza, which is the top line. This is insane but he can get away with it because there is virtually no competition. Tramezza can be had for $300 on eBay. Mainline SF is a decent buy at < $150, not the $650 they want for them at retail.

That said, while AE may be better value for $, I can't get around to liking the styles. Tramezza OTOH are far more aesthetically pleasing imo.

Canadian dollars?

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
butbut.gif

OK. I hope I like the AEs...

Any cheaper brands that are adequate that I can also check out?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canadian dollars?

Well, eBay price is USD but HR is CND. Not that it matters that much today with the CAD = $.90 USD

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Anywhere other than ebay that has them at good prices? I find most of the narrow width ones are 10.5 and up, and even 10's a bit long for me (depending on the brand).

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
How do you find these coupons?

I also found another store that has AEs, and a couple other brands that HR had. It has a huge list of brands,

A
A Marinelli
AK Anne Klein
Acorn
Adidas
Allen Edmonds
Amalfi
Aquatalia
Arturo Chiang

B
BCBGirls
BELLA COMFIA
Bare Traps
Born
Bostonian

C
Calvin Klein
Camper
Circa
Clarks
Clinic
Cole Haan
Converse

D
DKNY
Diesel
Dissona
Donald J. Pliner

E
Elle

F
F. Mode
Florsheim
Franco Sarto

G
Geox

H
High Fashion
Hispanitas
Hush Puppies

I
IC Import
Imac
Indigo
Indigo By Clarks

J
Joanel
Josef Seibel

K
Keds
Kenneth Cole New York
Kenneth Cole Reaction
Kenzie Shoes

L
LaCoste
LaDiva

M
Matt & Nat
Merrell
Michael Kors
Michelle K
Moda
Moda Spana
Munro

N
New Balance
Nike
Nine West
Northface

P
Pedano
Privo
Puma

R
Roberto Vianni
Rockport
Ros Hommerson

S
SANTI
SAS
Sabrina Scala
Skechers
Soft Walk
Soho Lab
Sperry
Steve Madden
Steven
Stuart Weitzman
Sudini

T
The Sak
Tignanello
Timberland
Trotters
Tsubo

V
VALENTINA RANGONI
Van Eli
Vaneli

Any of these also worth looking at?

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alistair Knapp