• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your budget and dress or casual?
budget, not my concern (i'm looking at St Crispins and Vass)
dress or casual? definitely not desert boot, something that serves versatility (dark jeans to dark chinos, likely not with a suit because i have oxfords and rarely wear suits)

T1mb0

Reaction score
C&J Chilterns are very versatile and look great with jeans/chinos. I have them in snuff but sure the dark brown would be equally good all-rounders.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
budget, not my concern (i'm looking at St Crispins and Vass)
dress or casual? definitely not desert boot, something that serves versatility (dark jeans to dark chinos, likely not with a suit because i have oxfords and rarely wear suits)
You can't beat the MOD 524 chukka from StC with the curved topline. I owned the Vass chukkas on F last as well and found them beautiful, but the StC fit better so I moved the Vass on

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney Pennine II and Trafalgar.

Alden Indys rebuilt with double leather midsoles and SViG lug half soles.

20231129_095511.jpg
20231129_095513.jpg
20231128_091324.jpg
20231128_091328.jpg
20231130_084811.jpg
20231130_084816.jpg

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Chilterns are very versatile and look great with jeans/chinos. I have them in snuff but sure the dark brown would be equally good all-rounders.
do they have a handgrade version? or is the mainline version that good?

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pair of chukkas. My favorite is the Edward Green Shanklin. Unlined, extremely comfortable, not at all bulbous which is a feature of many chukkas I don’t care for.
Shanklin vs Banbury - is the Banbury too "bulbous" like StC?

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems