• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bonfanti

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ET thanks for that. I choose shirtings based on the design now, if I like it I buy it, within reason. I stay away from 200/2, but thats just personal preference. G&R 170/2 Luna, OMG exquisite.

+100. The Luna range is my all-time favorite. Its light and silky like a really 170s, but still somehow manages to drape well and maintain its shape. Much prefer it to the higher-count offerings from G+R.

sellahi22

Reaction score

+100. The Luna range is my all-time favorite. Its light and silky like a really 170s, but still somehow manages to drape well and maintain its shape. Much prefer it to the higher-count offerings from G+R.
Have you tried DJA 170s ("Emerald")? I think it has the same properties, except I find the colors/patterns to be much nicer. Though not as nice as the Buckingham 140s goldline, which is my personal sweet spot. I agree with Badsha in that I look for color and design first, which is why I look forward to Bonfanti's online offerings. They and Riva seem to take the aesthetics very seriously.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bonfanti, I am going to help Giancarlo set up his E-commerce site. So everybody can order his fabrics directly online.

Very nice - I look forward to this.

Have you tried DJA 170s ("Emerald")? I think it has the same properties, except I find the colors/patterns to be much nicer. Though not as nice as the Buckingham 140s goldline, which is my personal sweet spot.

I agree with Badsha in that I look for color and design first, which is why I look forward to Bonfanti's online offerings. They and Riva seem to take the aesthetics very seriously.

I am familiar with the Goldline Buckingham collection, but I much prefer G+R's Luna offerings. Not familiar with DJA Emerald, though knowing DJA as I do, I imagine the price being at least 2x the Luna.

CrimsonWave

Reaction score

Bonfanti, I am going to help Giancarlo set up his E-commerce site. So everybody can order his fabrics directly online.

I can't wait!

Also, thank you T4 and C&A for the incredible pictures!

sellahi22

Reaction score

Very nice - I look forward to this.

I am familiar with the Goldline Buckingham collection, but I much prefer G+R's Luna offerings. Not familiar with DJA Emerald, though knowing DJA as I do, I imagine the price being at least 2x the Luna.
Price depends on shirtmaker. Hemrajani charges basically the same for G&R and TM/DJA. G&R 140s is $10 cheaper than TM 140s, and DJA 170s is $10 cheaper than G&R 170s. Go figure. I might try some Luna in solids to see what the hype is about. My only complaint with G&R is that the colors, at least in their patterned fabrics, are slightly fluorescent/electric.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the site goes live soon.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that was in September and now its Jan. 2012.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90cm so you would need 3 yards or 2.75mts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads