1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Based on the body language and implied statements, I wouldn't be surprised if Nucky was the dad.

+1

2. R-H

R-H Senior member

I enjoyed the premier tremendously. The last two episodes have been a let down.

The acting seems really weak (or a combination of bad writing and acting). I don't understand the character of Jimmy. He was a gifted Ivy League student who dropped out of university, fought in WWI, and has now turned to crime. The character seems way to stupid and one dimensional to have done any of that. He just looks and acts like an dumb thug. Disappointing as he is a main character.

The show still has a lot of potential but the main characters don't seem very strong, yet.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

buscemi couldn't scare a fly, he looks ill in every scene. enjoying it overall though

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Dudes we're three episodes in and you expect every story line to be fleshed out? I think Buscemi is fine (though I know nothing about the real Nuck Thompson). Jimmy... has made some daft mistakes, it looks like he's feeling his way into the business - but he surely isn't meant to be an equal to Al Capone or the other big boys (as his fuckup in AC and subsequent treatment by Capone have shown). The mom thing is weird, but I could care less.

I must say the tramp nucky is getting with his incredibly annoying.

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Dudes we're three episodes in and you expect every story line to be fleshed out? I think Buscemi is fine (though I know nothing about the real Nuck Thompson). Jimmy... has made some daft mistakes, it looks like he's feeling his way into the business - but he surely isn't meant to be an equal to Al Capone or the other big boys (as his fuckup in AC and subsequent treatment by Capone have shown). The mom thing is weird, but I could care less.

+ fucking 1

6. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, fucking hate the opening credits to this show.

7. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

i really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, fucking hate the opening credits to this show.
    No doubt. My wife and I were just commenting how the opening music doesn't fit the theme of the show. Oh well. I still think the show is really good. I think the characters are interesting and I especially like how they plug in Al Capone. I'm a fan.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

She sure is but I'm more than willing to overlook that if she keeps showing her nekkid lady parts. The fitting room scene was rather enjoyable on mute. Show's still boring. Don't really care about any of the characters. Omar's back!

9. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

She sure is but I'm more than willing to overlook that if she keeps showing her nekkid lady parts. The fitting room scene was rather enjoyable on mute.

Show's still boring. Don't really care about any of the characters. Omar's back!

+1. That fitting room scene was kind of hot when she had her bush right in front of the other woman's face.

10. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

that was fucked up how that guy cut that girl's face up after he fucked her. can't wait to see what capone and jimmy have in store for them

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I know this is probably what they are aiming for but nevertheless, Capone irritates the hell out of me.

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

No doubt. My wife and I were just commenting how the opening music doesn't fit the theme of the show. Oh well. I still think the show is really good. I think the characters are interesting and I especially like how they plug in Al Capone. I'm a fan.

totally out of place, but so catchy. it is an awesome song by itself. scorcesse always has eclectic music in his projects. great rock/blues clip:

The Brian Jonestown Massacre Straight Up And Down

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Why isn't the damn episode available on demand yet??

15. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

totally out of place, but so catchy. it is an awesome song by itself. scorcesse always has eclectic music in his projects. great rock/blues clip:

The Brian Jonestown Massacre Straight Up And Down

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I agree the song itself isn't bad, just out of place.

16. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

I AIN'T BUILDING NO BOOKCASE.

that was the best quote ever. that is one of the better scenes i've seen out of any show in a while.

omar is that damn show right now. dude is so pimp.

i kinda want the nucky to hook up with the poor irish girl. i like her.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Omar is the bomb. No if ands or buts about it. That scene was worth wading through the rest of the episode.

Its still in spurts and stops but its getting a bit better. Nucky's ever growing appreciation of the Irish chick should do wonders for the chemistry in his relationship with always naked woman.

18. willpower

willpower Senior member

Man, Nucky's GF is ...what's the word...yummy

19. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

20. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

A lot cuter when: placed on mute, baring her ample jugs and accidentally spilling milk on herself.