1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

A lot cuter when: placed on mute, baring her ample jugs and accidentally spilling milk on herself.
    This is a must. Her voice is horrible.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's a chopper, baby.

[​IMG]

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'm already hoping she gets off'ed. I'm wondering if that scene where she's fuck-yelling and the butler wants in is foreshadowing? "I hearda screaming..." "We were fucking"

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

here's a random pic... of my bike... in front of the doorway in the opening sequence of last nights episode.

[​IMG]

they were doing random location shots of old houses and my street was part of the shooting... they CGI the hell out of it though... as with the whole boardwalk and 80% of the set is CGI. its actually a small sweat shop about 300 feet away from my house.

damn that whore that got slashed was cuuuute. too bad she won't be around anymore, she was pure eye candy.

5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Show could be better but its still young and definitely watchable, I read somewhere that scorssace only directed the first episode and that the rest are directed by the guy from sopranos, scorssace's still ep or something, was also surprised to read that its not a mini series but an actual full season show thats already been picked up for a second season.

btw- great wardrobe and anybody else wondering where's bugsy and meyer?

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Lulz. She might not like teh booze, but she likes teh cack.

7. christinedaae

christinedaae Senior member

his show pisses me off for some reason. i don't know if i want to keep watching it. it's just all wrong. dude just screw the irish woman and get it over with for crying out loud. lol, why do they go out of their way to show that he isn't interested in a cute, smart, hard working woman when it's ovbious as day he despises his stupid lazy ass woman lol? makes no sense whatsoever

and the dude in chigaco is in love with scarface..man this show has too much potential. needs new writers.

first, al capone is the best character on the show, you need to show him more.

secondly, get the irish girl some dick, now. i don't care who it's from.

lose the stupid dumb girl, and show omar epps more, dude is pretty badass.

edit: okay i watched to the end of the episode lol, nevermind

8. christinedaae

i don't think it's a considence that he makes the move on the irish girl, the scene after the arrest.

he knows that she is the one who told, she's the only one who could have connected.

so he makes a move on her

now he knows she won't talk for fear of losing him

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Mmm, a young Kelly MacDonald was in Trainspotting. I forgot that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. archmano

archmano Member

his show pisses me off for some reason. i don't know if i want to keep watching it. it's just all wrong. dude just screw the irish woman and get it over with for crying out loud. lol, why do they go out of their way to show that he isn't interested in a cute, smart, hard working woman when it's ovbious as day he despises his stupid lazy ass woman lol? makes no sense whatsoever

and the dude in chigaco is in love with scarface..man this show has too much potential. needs new writers.

first, al capone is the best character on the show, you need to show him more.

secondly, get the irish girl some dick, now. i don't care who it's from.

lose the stupid dumb girl, and show omar epps more, dude is pretty badass.

edit: okay i watched to the end of the episode lol, nevermind

yeah, Omar Epps is not in this show. Michael K. Williams is.

11. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

If the makers of Boardwalk Empire are looking for ways to make this show more mediocre, I would recommend spending a little less money on set design. Otherwise, there is not much else they could do.

12. archmano

archmano Member

Why do you think the sets are mediocre? I think the show has a good feel to it.

13. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

Why do you think the sets are mediocre? I think the show has a good feel to it.

Show looks good, but writing and acting are completely blah. Suggesting they crap out on set design since otherwise they seem to be going for mediocrity.

14. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Show looks good, but writing and acting are completely blah. Suggesting they crap out on set design since otherwise they seem to be going for mediocrity.

midgets...they just fucking creep me out,especially a whole room of them..brrrrrrrrrr

15. suited

suited Senior member

I'm less and less excited about watching the next episode every week.

16. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

I'm less and less excited about watching the next episode every week.

i agree with you,remember how great the sopranos was the first season (and continued to get better) with each ep.by the way im starting to rewatch it again all the way from the pilot and i highly recommend it,its been a awhile and i actually forgot a lot of what happend in that series.even on second viewing its more entertaining then this.

i think the main problem with this show is casting,if you get that right the writing will come naturally.
    obviously the nucky/jimmy relationship is tony/chrissy,but compare the two..its night and day in terms of charisma...
    the only two character on the show who have any so far dont get any airtime,capone and the FBI agent (i think hes fantastic) and to a lesser omars character.
    i mean shit,the main character of the show has no charisma?
    thats a fail righ there,and dont even get me started on jimmy[​IMG]

they need to infuse some larger then life types quick,im talking phil Letoardo,furo,pauly type guys....guys that despite being sociopaths were quite likable,and funny...AND WATCHABLE!!!
    i think this show is a bit too in love with itself and the period and needs to focus on the characters or lack there of..give us some goons we can cheer for and i'll keep watching

Fuggedaboutittttt!!!!!!!

17. willpower

willpower Senior member

totally out of place, but so catchy. it is an awesome song by itself. scorcesse always has eclectic music in his projects. great rock/blues clip: The Brian Jonestown Massacre Straight Up And Down
    Cool. I hope Anton made a few $. I started looking around for soda bread recipes.

18. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

I thought the last episode was actually pretty good. The scene at the St. Patrick's Day event was pretty funny. I knew Nucky was gonna hook up with Ms. Schroeder, it was just a matter of time. And even my wife agrees she is way hotter than Nucky's annoying girlfriend.

19. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

Just got done watching last week's episode. I think I've given the show enough chances. Way too slow.

20. christinedaae