• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blazer help

DaveDr89

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm in dire need of a quality blue blazer. Have read Flusser and some of the old threads, but am still a bit undecided on what direction to take. I'm looking for something that I can wear say 2 times a week to work, most likely w/ grey odd trousers, but also every now and then at night w/ say jeans. The Zegna blue blazers look very nice but at $1600+ I'm not sure if I should spend so much on something I'll wear quite often. In general, I'm thinking double vents, SB, probably 3 button, and still not sure about buttons. Any advice appreciated. I have broad shouldered athletic build.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that's a lot for a workhorse blue blazer. I'd recommend Brooks Bro but I doubt they have double vents...

While it's difficult to find the basic blue blazer at Off Fifth or such places, you might try that.

Or perhaps STP?

DaveDr89

Reaction score
... didn't find anything at STP that looked good ... just called Neiman Marcus RE their sale, none of the Zegna blazers are sale items ... and the Zegna blue blazer in the roma cut is $1695 USD ... any ideas in the $1000-$1200 range? Or should I just wait on the Zegna, although it seems that it's find to find on sale?

Haruspex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveDr89
... didn't find anything at STP that looked good ... just called Neiman Marcus RE their sale, none of the Zegna blazers are sale items ... and the Zegna blue blazer in the roma cut is $1695 USD ... any ideas in the $1000-$1200 range? Or should I just wait on the Zegna, although it seems that it's find to find on sale?

YOOX seems to have some in the sub 1000 range: Zegna, Prada, MM and Armani, et al. I'll let those who know better than I if there's anything there of actual quality, but I like the cut and colors of several.

DaveDr89

Reaction score
.... didn't find anything I liked at YOOX ... although I'd like to wait to get something in the quality range of the Zegna at a better price, I really need something now so perhaps it's money well spent?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me a three button, side vented blazer from Polo for Christmas. It's not on their website and is full price, but I quite like it. I think they have it at all the Ralph Lauren stores. It's cheaper than Zegna (995). Has a ticket pocket. (She initially bought me the two button, center vent model, but I felt like a school boy Republican in it.) I really like this jacket. Here's a pic. It hasn't been altered yet. Should I keep the big brass buttons? They're flashier than I'm used to.
blazeroq7.jpg
I was also looking at the black label Anthony blazers, which look pretty great, but are pricey (less than the Zegna, though).

Haruspex

Reaction score
Traditionally, I understand navy blazers should have the gold buttons, but I'm partial to pewter: still metal, but less Thurston Howell III.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
My girlfriend got me a three button, side vented blazer from Polo for Christmas. It's not on their website and is full price, but I quite like it. I think they have it at all the Ralph Lauren stores. It's cheaper than Zegna (995). Has a ticket pocket. (She initially bought me the two button, center vent model, but I felt like a school boy Republican in it.)

I really like this jacket. Here's a pic. It hasn't been altered yet. Should I keep the big brass buttons? They're flashier than I'm used to.
blazeroq7.jpg

I was also looking at the black label Anthony blazers, which look pretty great, but are pricey (less than the Zegna, though).

man what a blazer. imo dont keep the buttons

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I think you should keep the buttons, but dont wear it with jeans or that vneck tshirt

Yeah, I just snapped a pic w/ the jeans and tee so that the OP could get a look at it. Not sure why Ralph Lauren doesn't have it on the website.

chapunso

Reaction score
I just purchased the BB (country club) DB. they also have a SB. excellent quality at an excellent price. It was recommended by a member of the London lounge, and I have not regretted it.

DaveDr89

Reaction score
what price range should I expect for a decent BB blue SB blazer? where did you get yours? I realize the quality won't be on a par w/ the Zegna that is $1695, but as I said I can live w/ that since I don't want to spend that on a blazer right now ...

DaveDr89

Reaction score
in general, is there a consensus on the quality of Brooks Broothers versus Ralph Lauren blue blazers in the $1000 price range?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads