• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
IMDB isn't the best of sources to quote from, it often get's a lot of things wrong.

I think I had other sources that proved my point,
anyways let's just leave it at the guy not using cgi left and right like all the other superhero movies, I'm sure Bane will look sick

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
After Schumacher's take on Bane, just about anything Nolan could possibly put on screen would be a massive improvement. Talk about a bar that's been set pretty low. I mean, it's been set at ground level.

I mean, ****, a fat guy in a pink tutu and ballet flats would be an improvement.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
. . .

Anne Hathaway Ruins Catwoman Costume During Fight on The Dark Knight Rises

Director Christopher Nolan is pushing actress Anne Hathaway to the limits when it comes to her Catwoman fight scenes for The Dark Knight Rises. In trying to capture a series of realistic brawls, the actress has already given one stuntman a serious black eye after pummeling the butt of her gun into his eye socket.

Now, the girl can't seem to stay in her latex outfit. The IMAX cameras utilized in shooting The Dark Knight Rises don't allow for much cheating when it comes to throwing a stage punch, which is demanding that the actors get incredibly physical. Anne Hathaway has taken the challenge to heart, throwing herself into these intense action scenes with all of her might. This aggressive behavoir has now seen her tearing out the ass of her Catwoman costume more than once.

It might be easy to make jokes about her weight when first hearing how the new Selina Kyle is tearing through her sexy wardrobe, but the svelte actress has never been in better shape. It is a combination of the materials being used to bring this version of Catwoman to life, mixed with her hyper-physicality, that is actually causing the problem.

An insider who was on set had this to say.

"Anne was filming a very similar fight scene when her costume split right open right on her bottom. She's putting everything into this role both physically and emotionally and the wardrobe department is paying the price. She must have gone through a dozen costume changes due to throwing herself around."

Christian Bale and Tom Hardy will be pushed to similar limits when their climactic fight scenes are filmed. Rumor has it that the character Bane will actually break Batman's spine. If the two actors go at it at the same speed Anne Hathaway has, they better be careful, or someone could get seriously injured.

The Dark Knight Rises comes to theaters July 20th, 2012 and stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

SURPRISE CAST MEMBER JOINING THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?
by Silas Lesnick
Jun 16th, 2011

With production well underway on Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, rumors of a surprise addition to the 2012 film have hit the web. HitFix got the scoop, revealing that Liam Neeson has been spotted on-set and appears likely to be reprising his Batman Begins role as Ra's al Ghul. There is no official confirmation yet of Neeson's involvement and the part could be little more than a cameo. Josh Pence was previously announced to be playing the character in flashbacks.

The bat-finale is currently in production internationally and features the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Nestor Carbonell, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Daniel Sunjata, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Alon Aboutboul, Burn Gorman and Diego Klattenhoff. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To the "spoilers" above. They make perfect sense considering other characters who are supposed to be in the film and the comic lore.
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought this was a joke when I first saw it but it is real. Batman Live Tour
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Although it may look cheesy and on the same realm as Batman & Robin and Batman Forever, I'd actually watch it when it comes to LA.
blush.gif
lol8[1].gif

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds really good. I've been wondering if they're going to have Bane break Batman's back or not.

This aggressive behavoir has now seen her tearing out the ass of her Catwoman costume more than once.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Being the Batman nerd that I am, I wouldn't hesitate in checking out Batman Live.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure how legit this is but
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Not sure how legit this is but
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

could be legit, it really showed nothing lol

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's fake. If this is real, it's pretty lousy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It didn't really tease much of anything.

Felt fake to me.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insider (Joblo) says there's a viral campaign coming out soon that will give us a first look at Catwoman (like we got with Bane a short while ago).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads