1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I just saw the new trailer, looks amazing. Robin Williams is playing Hugo Strange. I'm not familiar with the later comics, what's Hugo's story?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

What? Hugo Strange is the villain in the Batman: Arkham City game but not in the movie. Are you sure you didn't see the games trailer? Where did you see this trailer?

3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

He probably watched some fan made trailer.

4. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

:slayer:

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Now that you guys have seen the teaser, whats the verdict on the two people in the final shot?

My initial guess were Catwoman (swaying her hips) with Bane walking behind her.
    Then others suggested it was Batman crawling or walking away from Bane.

What's your guess?

6. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

That's a tough call. When I first viewed it, I thought it might be Catwoman. But the more I watch it, the more I believe it's Batman walking backwards, away from Bane.

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Fairly sure it's Batman.

EDIT: Some people have commented (on another site) that the chanting at the end sounds like the inmates from Arkham Asylum in the recent game. If that's true then it lends itself to the theory that they are going with some of the original story line of Knightfall, were Bane released all the prisoners to wear Batman down before he fought him. That would be really cool, if we get to see cameos of some of the random freaks Batman has in the comics.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'll make final judgement on the sounds when the HD version comes out, for the most part, I couldn't even tell what Gordon was saying in the end or could figure out the voice of the person he was talking to.

Also, the tumbler & batpod makes their appearances.
    [​IMG]

9. Jr Mouse

Kind of surprised they didn't use this opportunity to introduce a whole new Batmobile design.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They might still but all that is really left is a batjet or batboat.

11. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Yeah, +1, would have liked to see something new in that regard.

12. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I saw the official teaser; albeit a not very good quality version of it on youtube this morning. It's been taken down already. Robin Williams is Hugo Strange, Anne Hathaway is Catwoman/Bruce's Love Interest.

I read up on the Batman wiki and it seems like he was an obsessed criminal psychologist who wants knows Batman's real identity and is bent on replacing him. In the trailer at least Robin Williams really pulls off the creepy, calculated villain vibe he did in One Hour Photo.

13. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Looks like they were right. It certainly doesn't look like Gordon in the trailer, but bits and pieces sounded like him.
    This would be extremely cool. I'm going to have to go home and re-read Knightfall, now.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is it the same vid in the link I posted? Because Hugo Strange isn't there and Hugo Strange isn't officially in the movie.

15. Jr Mouse

It occurred to me that it could just be used for a flashback. I would be very surprised if they didn't try something new, if just for a new vehicle to sell toys around.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nolans never been much into product placements so if he doesn't envision a new vehicle, WB won't be able to do anything about it.

But now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing a traditional Batmobile. Then again this is what Bruce Wayne will be driving so he may not need a traditional Batmobile.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

18. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i think this trailer is solely focused on batman vs bane, catwoman and marion cotillard will get their own love interest trailer later on i'm sure

there is no robin williams, it's a fake trailer using clips from insomnia, google is your friend

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yeap no robin williams, i saw the trailer but its a bad version and i cannot tell whats going on, apparently the guy talking is gordon?!? doesnt even look like him the trailer is that bad, cant wait for HD