Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 19, 2011.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

True that. I was always a fan of Daredevil. The movie was horrendous though. Batman always handed the bad guys over to the cops. Daredevil wasn't afraid to butcher them. That's true justice.

You have this completely backwards. I love Daredevil, but he gets vengeance, not justice.

2. NoStyle14

NoStyle14 Well-Known Member

You have this completely backwards. I love Daredevil, but he gets vengeance, not justice.

But what do you think? Wouldn't you want a vigilantly that gets an eye for an eye?

3. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

I am always disappointed when I hear about Hathaway being cast in yet another role. I know this is supposed to be the last instalment of the franchise, but there is no reason to half-ass it.

Shannyn Sossamon, anyone?

Edit: Errr….I just realized this thread is fifteen pages deep and the film could very-well have been re-casted since it was started. Whatever, Shannyn needs more love, anyway.

4. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

But what do you think? Wouldn't you want a vigilantly that gets an eye for an eye?
    Yes and no, but that's not really the point. What any victim of a crime wants, is retribution for their injury. What society wants is order...the machinations of the legal system that we call "justice". As an individual who is injured, I crave vengeance, but as a member of society I want order to be restored, not further eroded by rogue crusaders. All of which ignores the elephant of the room, which is the necessity for perfect judgement on the part of the vigilante (which is not required for justice to be served, of course). And that's why Batman rulez Daredevil!

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yes and no, but that's not really the point. What any victim of a crime wants, is retribution for their injury. What society wants is order...the machinations of the legal system that we call "justice". As an individual who is injured, I crave vengeance, but as a member of society I want order to be restored, not further eroded by rogue crusaders.

All of which ignores the elephant of the room, which is the necessity for perfect judgement on the part of the vigilante (which is not required for justice to be served, of course).

And that's why Batman is better than Daredevil!

+1

6. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

[​IMG] Fan made but not bad at all

7. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[​IMG]

Fan made but not bad at all

Whoa. I think they'd lose a fair amount of their audience if they went with that - it looks like a horror movie poster.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Whoa. I think they'd lose a fair amount of their audience if they went with that - it looks like a horror movie poster.

Lol. What are you? Five?

9. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Lol. What are you? Five?

Now lookie here, whelp! I was reading Batman comics before The Dark Knight Returns was even a wet dream in Frank Miller's adolescent mind, before Tim Burton sold his first product placement, before Christian Bale was even born (not really but close).

[​IMG]

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Now lookie here, whelp! I was reading Batman comics before The Dark Knight Returns was even a wet dream in Frank Miller's adolescent mind, before Tim Burton sold his first product placement, before Christian Bale was even born (not really but close).

[​IMG]

Lol. That's well and good but the fact is, it's a Batman film. The audience knows what it is getting into. Besides, the poster looks sub-par whichever way you look at it.

11. larryr

larryr Senior member

I kinda like it, looks Bane's arrived in the city and he's seeking Batman from a distance.

12. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I kinda like it, looks Bane's arrived in the city and he's seeking Batman from a distance.

And likes tribal tattoos!

13. suited

suited Senior member

Looks like a poster for The Wrestler 2, The Ram takes Manhattan - also, not a fan of Hathaway.

14. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

First look at Hardy as Bane:

[​IMG]

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bigger pic, you can see the details on the mask much better.
    [​IMG]