• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

baracuta G9

aucociscokid

Reaction score
saw this April, 2007, post on Steve McQueen Online which has been edited for the sake of brevity (the McQueen poster was offering one on eBay):

Features include: Vintage zips

Scalloped pockets
Slim vintage fit

If, like me, you love the vintage style of the G9, but do not like the baggy, ill-fitting modern examples that currently pass themselves off as Baracutas, then this is for you.

This jacket comes in natural (which is now sold out). This jacket was made famous by Steve Mcqueen, but has also been worn by the likes of the Clash.

For more pictures, see: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/littletreasure ... 53/760190/

Are the current examples "baggy" and ill-fitting?

The largest size I currently see being offered on the Rakuten site is 42 and I'm at least a 46.

I do, however, see vintage ones being offered on eBay, most commonly from the 80s which say "Baracuta by Van Heusen" inside.

If as I do want the scalloped pockets, etc. of the Vintage line in my size, will one from the 80s encompass my requirements or from what decade of manufacture should I be looking instead?

modual

Reaction score
I have the vintage version G9 with the silver vintage zips. It fits similar to the modern slimfit version but obviously the details /cloth are different.

Reaction score
spam[1].gif
I have a black Baracuta by Van Heusen G9, size 38, that I can let go for $60 shipped. I would probably take a 38 L in these vintage jawns.

aucociscokid

Reaction score
Is that the difference between the Japan-only vintage line vs. the modern slimfit: The zipper & the cloth?

Elaborate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads