• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Awesome Slim Fit Evisu

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Man, I wish that professional boxers had the fashion sense of these guys.

Stalker McStalkerson

Reaction score
Ahaz, my eyes are burning...

Brian, Ingram did Buakaw's shorts in 2004-2005. His 2006 shorts are done by Twins.

Weirdnj: K-1 is invitation only, so presentation is everything. The World Max's demographic is 60% female so being good looking (e.g. Kaoklai, Masato, Laursen, Kraus, Chalmsak, pretty much 50% of the max fighters) and having good fashion sense is a huge plus.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The last GP was sweet as hell too. Although I always wonder what the fight would have looked like had Andy not taken his focus off Buakaw to complain to the ref. I still think Buakaw would have taken it, but maybe not with three knockdowns. He's looking more unstoppable every day.
I did see his most recent win. His punches are really improving, I have noticed myself.

I think Buakaw still would have won, but that punch sure made a huge difference. I've rewatched it many times to see if Andy's face just gets turned for one reason or another or if he was really looking to complain to the ref. In slow motion it looks like he isn't looking away except to re-position his head, but the first time I saw it I thought "aw ****," especially when he got knocked down.

To be fair, I think Buakaw should have won last year as well but Andy is an amazing fighter and both of them deserve the title.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I did see his most recent win. His punches are really improving, I have noticed myself. I think Buakaw still would have won, but that punch sure made a huge difference. I've rewatched it many times to see if Andy's face just gets turned for one reason or another or if he was really looking to complain to the ref. In slow motion it looks like he isn't looking away except to re-position his head, but the first time I saw it I thought "aw ****," especially when he got knocked down. To be fair, I think Buakaw should have won last year as well but Andy is an amazing fighter and both of them deserve the title.
Word was that Buakaw threw a punch, missed, and caught Andy with an elbow, and that's what caused him to look to the ref for some kind of call. I watched it several times too, but never saw an elbow. Although I do think he was looking to the ref for something. Once he got knocked on his ass, he kinda looked around like "Why isn't anyone doing anything about this?" to whatever the **** was bothering him. He had a tough night.
Originally Posted by old viking ring
is this pronounced "queer ass"?
You should ask him that
boxing[1].gif
EDIT:
Originally Posted by Stalker McStalkerson
The World Max's demographic is 60% female so being good looking (e.g. Kaoklai, Masato, Laursen, Kraus, Chalmsak, pretty much 50% of the max fighters) and having good fashion sense is a huge plus.
Man, that is the truth. Masato always comes out looking like he just came from a photoshoot.

Stalker McStalkerson

Reaction score
The elbow did hit Souwer's forearm. You can hear it if you listen closely. Nevertheless, I'm almost positive it wasn't intentional. Hooks and horizontal elbows are thrown with a very similar motion, which is why boxers will occasionally get fouled by an elbow strike. Souwer is an amazing and accomplished fighter, but he complains so goddamn much. He lodged the same elbow gripe when Kraus waffle-stomped him in the 2003 GP and whined because Buakaw was throwing him like a rag doll in the 2005 finals. Heck, he even complained about Masato headbutting him in the 2006 GP, yet proceeded to launch a soccer kick at the downed Masato's head. Don't get me wrong, Souwer is in the highest tier of K-1 max, but his sportsmanship leaves much to be desired. It looks like karma got the best of him.

In regards to his fight vs. Buakaw, I agree with Brian. Souwer was really beaten up, whereas Buakaw pretty much steamrolled Yoshi and dicked around with Drago. Souwer's game plan was to utilize his inside leg kicks to stuff other fighters' offenses. This worked very well vs. Kalakoda and Masato, both of whom are very aggressive punchers that close distance with their jabs. However both Masato and Kalakoda use boxing style flicker jabs to set up combinations, whereas Buakaw's jabs are stiff lefts meant for pushing, defense, and kick setups; thereby nullifying Souwer's left leg kicks and jab setups. Souwer can't outkick Buakaw, so his only chance would be to close the gap and utilize his Dutch combos. Given Souwer's beaten up state and the fact that Buakaw is a counter puncher, I don't think Souwer had the gas to outpoint Buakaw, let alone score a KO/KD.

But if Souwer and Buakaw meet in a superfight? Souwer can definitely beat Buakaw via points.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads