• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the suits in the previous Bond. Really enjoyed the collars on the shirts and the pin-collar.

Sometimes a bit of variety is nice.

*shrug*

lukejackson

Reaction score
Going to an 'Under the Sea' themed party next week. Has anyone been to one?

I'm thinking of dressing up as a drowned Navy Sea Captain/Officer. Will a navy peacoat with white dress shirt and black knit tie work? Also going to buy a hat from a costume shop. Or should I get a double breasted jacket with gold buttons/emblems? I don't want to spend too much since I doubt I'll wear the double breasted after this party much.

Why not get a double breasted navy jacket, but forgo the gold buttons so you will get more wear out of it in future. Then just buy those round gold stickers then newsagents have and stick them on the buttons.

or easy option, breton striped shirt (white with blue stripes obviously), white chinos, sure you can get a sailors cap at a costume store, get a woman to apply make up so you appear to be a drowned, bloated corpse. a fake MOM tattoo on the forearm could complete things nicely.

Last edited:

lukejackson

Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real talk, if there is one trend I don't get amongst people my age, it's wearing tshirts that end up being as long as dresses. It's almost like they're made with the idea of tucking them into low rise pants.

I caught up with an old friend last night who wanted to go to this metal club. Dudes wearing snap backs and these super long tshirts everywhere,not only there but also walking about on the street etc. None of them appeared to be like some of the designer stuff from SF SWD either.

On the way home, I stopped in at seven eleven, and was shocked to see that cigarettes have now gone over the $30 mark (pack of 25).

The last thing which isn't so shocking as we hear about it ,is the violence. I was on Bourke Street, but had difficulty getting a cab so we walked down to King Street. Big mistake. People everywhere, spilling on to the sidewalk, punching their friends. There was quite literally a small army of police. I always presumed it was a problem that was over sensationalised by the media, but they're accurate it's a huge problem.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxy, you're coming on well with the dad's jokes. Timing pretty good, setup good. Plenty of time yet to practice . watch PoP and Ernesto for examples. If you have to do the TAFE course for Dip of Dad's Jokes tell them you know me And you'll get RPL.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real talk, if there is one trend I don't get amongst people my age, it's wearing tshirts that end up being as long as dresses. It's almost like they're made with the idea of tucking them into low rise pants.

I caught up with an old friend last night who wanted to go to this metal club. Dudes wearing snap backs and these super long tshirts everywhere,not only there but also walking about on the street etc. None of them appeared to be like some of the designer stuff from SF SWD either.

On the way home, I stopped in at seven eleven, and was shocked to see that cigarettes have now gone over the $30 mark (pack of 25).

The last thing which isn't so shocking as we hear about it ,is the violence. I was on Bourke Street, but had difficulty getting a cab so we walked down to King Street. Big mistake. People everywhere, spilling on to the sidewalk, punching their friends. There was quite literally a small army of police. I always presumed it was a problem that was over sensationalised by the media, but they're accurate it's a huge problem.

First why smoke? Who wants to be an addict for a multinational pusher. Wait isn't Sartorialism an addiction?

Back in the late 70' and early 80's street violence was par for the course in certain inner Sydney suburbs.There were some suburbs where you wouldn't venture out alone if walking after midnight because of stupid skin head and other idiots with issues.

Last night my son came home at 4am after being bashed by four dick heads in Civic after leaving a nigh club on Bunda St. As per ******* usual no AFP presence probably off eating doughnuts and drinking coffee. Wankers.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First why smoke? Who wants to be an addict for a multinational pusher. Wait isn't Sartorialism an addiction?

Back in the late 70' and early 80's street violence was par for the course in certain inner Sydney suburbs.There were some suburbs where you wouldn't venture out alone if walking after midnight because of stupid skin head and other idiots with issues.

Last night my son came home at 4am after being bashed by four dick heads in Civic after leaving a nigh club on Bunda St. As per ******* usual no AFP presence probably off eating doughnuts and drinking coffee. Wankers.

I don't smoke, I just noticed the price.

That's the same as Melbourne, my old man who grew up as an immigrant in Melbourne's northern suburbs can tell me all kinds of stories about suburbs that are still unsafe today, but I was just talking about the conservative business dress.

Sorry to hear about your son, hope he's okay. There was a large police presence in Melbourne, and they all seemed quite busy, none were standing around. As far as I'm concerned, they do a fantastic job in the city on Saturday nights, it's a pretty thankless task, but they make it feel just that little bit safer.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
WIWT

herringbonePete

Reaction score

Hi Foxy - I hear you about the t-shirt thing. The thing I don't get is skinny jeans and shoes which creates a funny effect down the bottom of the leg.

I personally would wear trousers with wider bottoms, less skinny, and choose smart shoes - but in this case, wear chukkas, say.

Less metro (less fashion-forward), but still smarter and classic.

The current look draws the eye to your ankles. Women are supposed to notice (and admire) your shoes, (I hear) but surely am not expected to notice a man's ankles.
A well shaped (or turned) ankle is for the male to admire in the female...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads