• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruzzi

Reaction score

Nordstrom do great shoe trees. Full price is around USD$20 a pair.

Awesome! Shipping is a bit of a killer though... if i buy two they're about $45/pair. If i buy more they come down to about $30/pair.

Interest check: anyone else in brisbane want some Nordstrom shoe trees and want to split shipping?

Last edited:

tone76

Reaction score

Awesome! Shipping is a bit of a killer though... if i buy two they're about $45/pair. If i buy more they come down to about $30/pair.

Interest check: anyone else in brisbane want some Nordstrom shoe trees and want to split shipping?

I should have mentioned that before: I ordered mine when I bought a pair of AE Park Avenues a few weeks back. That said, even at $45/pair, you'll struggle to find any shoe trees of a similar quality for that price here in Australia. Hopefully some other BNE-based SFers want in to help you bring the cost of shipping down even further.

Teggeh

Reaction score
For me. HK has always meant shirts, always lots of shirts. So hard to find thin cut shirts in Sydney. Pretty easy in HK (never been tailor made before, just off the rack)

tomee

Reaction score
some might not like but i picked these up at $45 for the summer months

DSC_6004.jpg

tomee

Reaction score

$90 is better than $395 from ralphlauren.com. Amazon don't have my size tho. :(

that sucks. btw those ones on RL are made in Italy. these are made in China
amazon have great shipping costs too, was $7.95 and took about 2 weeks

also received an email from pediwear saying they shipped my shoes, although their site sucks as it shows my delivery address without a suburb so i hope auspost know where to deliver it to, as well as pediwear showing it has been marked for delivery to my billing address which is different to my delivery address :fu: :fu: :fu:

anyone else have the same problems with them?

Last edited:

kickstart

Reaction score
What do you guys carry (bag-wise).
Your thoughts on briefcases would be appreciated - I need to carry a bit of lunch and various documents, but nothing too thick - maybe 4-5" thickness.

I'm currently carrying a shoulder/messenger back (Oroton...which is quite nice) - but it has no "hand grab" and i'm concerned i'll ruin my suits.

I've been thinking about a Filson 256 in brown, do you think that would go well with various suits or is it just too casual. I like the otter green but i think it might clash more than the brown - and well, the tan has just too much contrast for my liking.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Herringbone store in Collins Place has now re-opened. Nice ramge of C&Js in store and they can order in anything not in stock. Handgrads were about $690 IIRC.

They are doing MTO suits with Scabal fabrics for around 1200-1500. These are made in Germany, as opposed to their RTW line made in Vietnam. Seemed like a reasonable deal but it's a bit early for me to be looking at MTO right now.

I chatted with Christian for a while. He is planning a store event soon which sounded well worth going to. Presumably details will go out to the mailing list when ready.

Last edited:

jobro

Reaction score

What do you guys carry (bag-wise).
Your thoughts on briefcases would be appreciated - I need to carry a bit of lunch and various documents, but nothing too thick - maybe 4-5" thickness.

I'm currently carrying a shoulder/messenger back (Oroton...which is quite nice) - but it has no "hand grab" and i'm concerned i'll ruin my suits.

I've been thinking about a Filson 256 in brown, do you think that would go well with various suits or is it just too casual. I like the otter green but i think it might clash more than the brown - and well, the tan has just too much contrast for my liking.

I currently use a black Brioni I scored for about $500. My next bag/case will be a Berluti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads