• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for the Ronald McDonald House

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some generous individuals here on StyleForum.

Now the question my wife the CPA would ask if she were bidding: Can we get a receipt for a tax deduction for the portion of the winning bid that is above the retail price of the item(s)?
Unfortunately, my CPA (not my wife) says that this is logistically nearly impossible.

Sorry :(

Cheers,

Fok.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

come on stitchy join in
it's for a good cause

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great stuff. I'd join in but I'd never get to use that bag, such a pity.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a link somewhere for us poor people who would like to contribute to the Ronald McDonald House but are not up to the rigors of the auctions?

ezlau

Reaction score

'Attaboy, Ernest! Show them what the Show-Me state is all about. 

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to bow out from this and try to convince myself I dont need want that bag THAT much (I do). :embar:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to chime in here about how great this charity is.

My family is dealing with the illness of our child at this time; thankfully we live in the same city as the children's hospital, but there are many families that we meet that not so lucky. Ronald McDonald house has been amazing for them, providing them with food and lodging. Many parents have to take time off from work to be with the sick child, leaving them without a family income; having to pay for hotel and restaurants (especially for extended stays) in addition to their medical costs, would quickly sink the family.

On behalf of the families that we meet that have to make use of this charity, we thank you for your generosity.
It was a personal experience with one of these families (the boy is well and growing up now. Probably an annoying tween at this point) that showed how great is this organization.

Is there a link somewhere for us poor people who would like to contribute to the Ronald McDonald House but are not up to the rigors of the auctions?
Always good to hear from one of our senior-most members. You may either donate to [email protected], using a personal payment, with the subject line: "Donation, Ronald McDonald House Holiday Drive", or look at www.rmhc.org, to see how to donate directly. I think that the important thing is that we get the money to the charity without going through a middleman, who usually take 10%+ of the donation for overhead. We will be giving over 100% of the auction proceeds and other donations directly to the organization.

This is fantastic and I didn't participate last year but I might have to this year. That bag is amazing but a little too rich for my blood.

Fok how many auctions and how many days? Or is this all a surprise and we will wait and find out?
We have a lot of auctions. Not all are in right now, but in the coming days, you can look forward to a beautiful Urushi lacquered Globetrotter briefcase from Bespoke England, a custom briefcase from Neo Nouveau, a new model, customized briefcase from @JP Marcellino , a MTM Southwick jacket and a pocket square from @Epaulet , Tweed jackets and a pocket square from @Kent Wang , Alden Chukkas from Need Supply (@DavidRVA ), A Bejamin suit or Sportjacket (winner's choice) from @eHaberdasher , a full sportsjacket, sweater, tie, and pocketsquare set from @darkmatter7 of Nsuited, and a MTO pair of non-exotic St, Crispins from @LeatherSOUL Hawaii. We are getting more donations in as we speak! From here, all auctions will be 24 hours!

For some health reasons, I can't be here as much as I'd like, but I'll be able to check in occasionally! @unbelragazzo will be the MC, and he should be able to answer nearly all your questions.

Please give generously and bid expansively.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours to go on this auction, guys. Think about how awesome it would be to:

Change someone's life with a donation of $1100...$1150...$1200....even $1500...

AND

Get this beautiful sold-out bag:

AND

your pick of a Drake's scarf from No Man Walks Alone. Like maybe this one:

Or this one:

BaldwinP

Reaction score
And that all sounded great, exciting, even impressive up until...

Went off the charts. ****. I'm putting the kids on eBay.

P.S. Get well soon x
And here was I hoping that no-one had noticed that one on the end and would be all auctioned out by the time it came up, leaving me to grab the spoils with less opposition.

Ah well, better for charity this way!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads