• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aubercy Shoes - My Best Paris Experience

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never made a post like this before, but my experience in Paris earlier this month at Aubercy requires one now.

My first day in Paris I stopped by the Aubercy shop to look around. The shoes were stunning. So much so that my wife was only a little bored. I had a brilliant time walking around the shop and was struck by the craftsmanship of the shoes. Both what you can see (the stitching is impeccable, the lines clean, the leather flawless) and what you (or at least I) can't (hand sewn welting).

Equal to the superb shoes were the people I met in the store. I do not speak a word of French, but they could not have been more helpful. One fellow in particular was warm and took great pride in the shoes and that the the company was still family owned and run. I later learned this was Xavier Aubercy, who is unquestionably the nicest proprietor I have ever met. (Sorry, Carl, but you'd agree)

The next day I went to the other big-name Paris shops, including J. M. Weston, Corthay, Berluti, etc. Most were impressive, but none came close to the well-made shoes and warm atmosphere I experienced at Aubercy.

I returned to Aubercy the next day and placed an order, my one memento from the trip. I settled on a dark grey wholecut and we're going to incorporate a nice tweed fabric into the top-half of the upper. Should take about 4 months and I'll post pictures here once they arrive.

In any event, I give Aubercy my highest recommendation and strongly encourage anyone in Paris to visit the shop.

Last edited:

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
Yes, Xavier is truly exceptional. Old-fashioned service with a great love and knowledge for his product.

You will love your shoes.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shoes are ready and being shipped. I'll certainly update with full pics, but here's a teaser:

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice.

We are starting to see a lot of shoes combining leather with some kind of material. 

My first effort on that front was for my wedding in 2013. I ordered a pair of Canterbury boots with calf and suede. I really liked the subtle contrast and have since experimented a bit with leather and wool/tweed. It's sometimes challenging to match with my clothes, but I've grown to really like the look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads