• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

StylishDanny

Reaction score
I've to change my 12yo eyewears because they're not in a good shape. They're a pair of Armany rimless (by Luxottica) and they're made of plastic (arms) and stainless steel (the rest). Steel never broken, they just lost a screw from one hinge some years ago.

I've had a pair of Silhouette rimless hingeless titanium sunglasses as well ("the matrix" style) that had broken something like 5 or 6 times through 10 years of usage both at arms (bending points) and at the 2 endings of the lug.

Now considering my bad experience with Silhouette which titanium is considered one of the best ones for frames, I'm very doubtfull about what material lasts more for a rimless eyewear, steel or titanium.
What are your experiences with rimless spectacles made of steel or titanium? Which did last you more and what were your "habits" (usage just at office or else)?
I considered Lindberg and Blackfin too but they're too expensive for my.

Thank you in advance for opinions and suggestions.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a store in NYC that carries both high-end frames and good bang for your buck type frames? I honestly don't know what brand to look for and I am hoping the store has enough of a selection and be able to help.

Years ago I went to H Optics, and may return, but was wondering what else is out there.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some new frames and I'm really liking some of the ones from Salt Optics, Barton Perreira and Oliver Peoples. Can anyone comment on the quality and durability (hinges, material) of these brands? Salt seems to be highly regarded, not sure about Barton or Oliver Peoples (has the quality of their RX frames gone down since being acquired by Luxottica?). Thanks!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I checked out Oliver Peoples and Barton Perreira and they do seem to be well made but many of the frames I liked were a bit too small for my face. I also came across the Dita Statesman which seemed bulletproof but a little heavy. I was surprised by how decent they looked but I'm not sure if they're too trendy and will look dated in a few years. What do you guys think? How's the durability with Dita?

EDIT: These felt pretty hefty, how's the comfort after all day wear?

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of the 4 brands recently mentioned. Honestly those are the only 4 I'd wear. I'm surprised you couldn't find what you wanted with bp because they usually have multiple sizes for their frames.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a lot of the places around here have very little selection and only carry one of each frame but yeah I definitely agree, the 4 brands are all really nice. Dita seems to be the most sturdy but also noticeably heavier on the nose bridge so I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with daily wear of the Statesman.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Dita Statesman recently. Does not fit my face. Feels like I am wearing safety or ballistic glasses. I've been wearing the Moscot Yukel and my Lemtosh a lot more than the Dita.

That said, the Ditas are quality built. The pads that meet your nose bridge are made with the same titanium that lines the bottom of the lenses. Have to be adjusted just right otherwise they will dig in a lot harder than your typical plastic pads.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any idea how they compare to H Optics?

No clue about H Optics but based on a quick google search they seem to carry a bunch of decent designer brands. I've personally been to Moscot when I was in NY last year. IMO, just a matter of finding your preferred shape. Whether it's Moscot or Mykita or whatever frames you optician of source carry, as long as they fit your face and are reasonably priced, then you`re golden.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No clue about H Optics but based on a quick google search they seem to carry a bunch of decent designer brands. I've personally been to Moscot when I was in NY last year. IMO, just a matter of finding your preferred shape. Whether it's Moscot or Mykita or whatever frames you optician of source carry, as long as they fit your face and are reasonably priced, then you`re golden.

This. I have favorites from Moscot BP and OP. Just wear what works for your face that's what I do from those three.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some new frames and I'm really liking some of the ones from Salt Optics, Barton Perreira and Oliver Peoples. Can anyone comment on the quality and durability (hinges, material) of these brands? Salt seems to be highly regarded, not sure about Barton or Oliver Peoples (has the quality of their RX frames gone down since being acquired by Luxottica?). Thanks!
I've owned multiple frames from all three, and I would go with Salt. They're the most consistent in my experience and have great optics and customer service. I've had warped frames or substandard finishing from the other two (although I do like my OP Benedicts).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads