• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

azumi

Reaction score
You can visit Benjamin at benjaminclothing.com or search his affiliated thread in this forum. Another option is you can buy from suitsupply.com.
Hope this help :)

bik2101

Reaction score
not a clothing related question. but i bought a pair of jeans in the classifieds. emailed with the seller and paid through paypal invoice he sent me on sunday night. i've sent him a few emails since that night just asking him to confirm he got the payment and let me know when he might be able to get them out. haven't heard any response back from him. the transaction on paypal allows me to file a dispute, but wondering how long should i allow him to respond before filing it. i mean the emailing up to the payment was quick and prompt, and i know he's also got his email at his side all the time as his emailis were coming from his iphone. just wondering your thoughts.

Booter

Reaction score
Does he have any feedback? Has he logged on since Sunday night? Is he new member?

Way too early to panic unless other things are lining up in the wrong direction.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can visit Benjamin at benjaminclothing.com or search his affiliated thread in this forum. Another option is you can buy from suitsupply.com.
Hope this help :)

Any places that I can go in and try them on though? Nordstrom rack or one of those 3-day suit brokers or something?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any places that I can go in and try them on though? Nordstrom rack or one of those 3-day suit brokers or something?

Nope, the Benjamin suits are online only. Great suit for the money if you know your measurements well enough to order online.

bik2101

Reaction score
Does he have any feedback? Has he logged on since Sunday night? Is he new member?
Way too early to panic unless other things are lining up in the wrong direction.
he had a little bit of feedback on ebay. i guess i'll wait another day. guess i'm more annoyed than panicked. i mean how long does it take to send a response -"yeah. got the payment"

red81

Reaction score
what do you guys think of wearing a knit tie to a daytime outdoor wedding? i found a thread from 2008 that was about half and half on it, seeing if the consensus changed. it'd be a navy tie with a navy suit.

thanks.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what do you guys think of wearing a knit tie to a daytime outdoor wedding?

Assuming it's the sort of wedding for which a suit and tie would be appropriate, I see nothing inherently wrong with wearing a knit tie.

Of course, for some daytime outdoor weddings, anything more formal than shorts and a t-shirt would be a bit much. For others, tuxedos will be expected. (True, tuxedos shouldn't be worn in the daytime, but the reality of it is that many daytime weddings are black tie, and if that's what the invitation reads, I'll respect the bride's wishes.) But assuming it's a daytime outdoor wedding where a navy suit and a necktie would be appropriate, the fact that your choice of necktie is a silk knit should not be much of an issue.

A knit tie, by its nature, tends to be slightly less formal than some other types of neckwear. But one could certainly argue that (1) daytime, and (2) outdoor, are themselves more toward the less formal side of the spectrum than are some other types of weddings.

Moreover, you specify a navy knit tie. Assuming you mean solid navy, well, a solid navy tie is about as versatile as anything you can put around your neck. It's suitable for a huge variety of situations.

Ultimately though, you should not wear a knit tie to the wedding in question if you would be wondering "Am I appropriately dressed?... should I have worn another tie?..." Since a man rarely looks his best unless he's comfortable - psychologically, not just physically - with what he's wearing. If you'll have doubts about wearing your knit tie, don't wear it. Go out and buy yourself another tie, one with which you will feel comfortable. I mean this - if you're not sure about it, wear something else. It's a tie, after all. $15 from The Tie Bar will get you a perfectly adequate non-knit tie. If that'll leave you feeling confident that you're properly dressed for the occasion, it's $15 well spent.
--
Michael

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No, to change the roll line on a jacket permanently the collar would need to adjusted, which isn't possible on a RTW jacket.

Midnight

Reaction score

Hello,
Long time reader and first time poster. I have found the information on these forums to be invaluable and has helped me make many good purchases. I have searched this site and the Internet for some sort of idea as to the answer of this question and have nothing. So I apologize if this has already been addressed.
I understand this sites feelings toward the quality and branding of Superdry. I am looking for shirts and jackets. I no longer wish to have so much branded apparel but I haven't found anything that comes close to the fit superdrys products provide me. Slim tailoring and long arms. Does anyone know of any other places I may looks for something similar? Preferably ones that wouldn't require heavy alteration. I have tried Brooks Brothers, J crew, nordstroms, basically I look everywhere. But arms are always too short and if I can size up to get the arms to fit then the body size is way too big. Any info anyone can provide would be helpful. Maybe I need to look to more English style designers. But I don't know where to start.
Sidd, welcome to Styleforum. Can you give us some more information on your measurements? That should allow forum members to help you more easily.

Mroach

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been here quite a while and made good use of the knowledge I have found but this will be my first post.

I have a new "blazer/SC" I say this as it appears to be more of an orphaned suit jacket upon closer inspection. None the less it is a very good fit and fairly good quality so I would like to make use of it. What I am interested in is opinions on which color pants to wear with it. I have included a image of the jacket as well as the wool pants I have at my disposal.

The jacket is a subtle plaid, predominantly a medium gray. The pants available to me are from right to left:
1. Dark charcoal
2. Charcoal (slight texture gabardine)
3. Gray (worsted)
4. Medium Olive
5. Medium Brown
6. Taupe/Tan (Calvary Twill)

I have a few other pairs but they are out at the cleaners presently. Any quick opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

M

fechner

Reaction score
First time poster. I have two questions about jeans. I've been wearing a pear of Levi's 508s in "rigid envy" for about 3 months and they fit relatively well. The only issue is after I washed them for the first time they became too short. I've also been reading a lot about raw denim during these last couple of months and have my eyes on a pair of ST-100Xs from 3sixteen. Anyway, I guess my questions are: "How does the fit compare between these two jeans?" and "If I purchase the ST-100Xs, are there any special precautions I should take if they need to be tailored?"

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First time poster. I have two questions about jeans. I've been wearing a pear of Levi's 508s in "rigid envy" for about 3 months and they fit relatively well. The only issue is after I washed them for the first time they became too short. I've also been reading a lot about raw denim during these last couple of months and have my eyes on a pair of ST-100Xs from 3sixteen. Anyway, I guess my questions are: "How does the fit compare between these two jeans?" and "If I purchase the ST-100Xs, are there any special precautions I should take if they need to be tailored?" 

Might want to try the Streetwear & Denim board, will get better responses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads