• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

gooter

Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wang handgrade monks
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-monkstrap.html

Or

Meermin LM dub monks:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050

Cant decide
ffffuuuu.gif

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Meermin because well who the hell is "handgrade"? :confused:

Also the meermin's are styled more tastefully, imo.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Meermin because well who the hell is "handgrade"?
confused.gif

Also the meermin's are styled more tastefully, imo.
x2, I had thought DC Lewis supplied their shoes?

My only beef with the meermins is the last. Hiro fits me perfectly, New Rey is somewhat more narrow, but looks great. Probably should just size up.

Alright, one vote for the Meermins.

Chris12

Reaction score
Okay quick question:
I'm looking for a winter shoe. Is this one wearable?

Normally I'd prefer brown ones, but since my favorite gloves are black I would like to match them.

Last edited:

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.

+100

Essential

Reaction score
As a college student, would it be acceptable to wear Walnut Strands with a suit to school functions and interviews? The alternative is a pair of AE (brown) loafers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads