• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gorpomon

Reaction score

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
smile.gif

Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.
Any of those suits worn with a white shirt would look great with a solid navy tie. The mid grey shakrskin with a light blue shirt would also look fantastic with the solid navy tie. I would avoid dark green ties in general, but thats just my opinion.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to work this morning and was drinking my morning cup of joe when I accidently spilled some on a pair of Epaulet wool trousers that I had on. There are now three small stains on my trousers. I had washed the stained area with water and them dabbed the area, but was wondering what else I could do to immediately resolve the issue at hand.

When I get home after work, is my best bet to wash the pant in woolite?

Last edited:

Double Wide

Reaction score

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got to work this morning and was drinking my morning cup of joe when I accidently spilled some on a pair of Epaulet wool trousers that I had on. There are now three small stains on my trousers. I had washed the stained area with water and them dabbed the area, but was wondering what else I could do to immediately resolve the issue at hand.

Bile soap on that area and let it do its work for 24 hours (put it in a plastic bag to keep it damp)?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what dry cleaners are for.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Tide pens should work well enough on coffee stains.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what dry cleaners are for.

I just wanted to know if there were any immediate solutions. Just got into men's fashion recently and have never taken my clothes to a dry cleaner before, but I'll have to do that.

Hand soap and water has cleared up most of the stain, but I'll take it to the dry cleaner tom.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you bring it to the cleaner, better don't do anything.

And if you do something, use bile soap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads