• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm looking for an all leather burgundy wingtip oxford lace up shoes. I have a pair of Florsheim that I find comfortable and I'd like to stay in the $180-275 range. Where should I look for a shoe like that? I want something with more design and not a plain shoes. Thanks

Johnston & Murphy

Find used or seconds of AE, or Alden.

Tyler2106

Reaction score

Find used or seconds of AE, or Alden.

Thanks guys! When I have time I will hit up the classified for a nice used pair.

Any suggestions of a plain navy blue suit in the $300-400 range? I want a lighter blue and not dark. I found a Ralph Lauren suit for $350. RL any good?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks guys! When I have time I will hit up the classified for a nice used pair.
Any suggestions of a plain navy blue suit in the $300-400 range? I want a lighter blue and not dark. I found a Ralph Lauren suit for $350. RL any good?

For $300-$400 you can't be too picky. Just make sure it fits well.

HefferMooseMan

Reaction score
I have always had sensitive eyes, but recently they have become so sensitive that around snow, sand, water etc. I get a slight headache. Despite my sensitive eyes, I have NEVER owned a pair of sunglasses, apart from a pair of novelty sunglasses from when I was like 5 years old. I tried determining my face/head shape, but couldn't figure it out from the measurements that I got.

So here is my face shot.

I was thinking that a pair of Aviator style sunglasses might suit me. Thin frames, not shiny - probably a tortoise colour would go with my hair/skin - not sure. If I'm wrong, don't be afraid to tell me.
I like these http://www.victoryoc.com/frame_pages/Plaza1835_Gld.aspx no idea where to buy them from (I'm in eastern europe). Not sure about what looks to be the green tint.

Also, how to determine if the frames are too big/small for my face or don't sit right or whatever. And lastly, what do I choose the lens color by (other than its optical properties).

(I also started a thread on this when I should have just posted here, sry.)

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To expand on what pB stated that's the average price I paid for all of my Polo Ralph Lauren suits brand new which retail for $1,600-$4,000. So yes, if it's made in Italy, that's quite a good deal.

I got them both here and via eBay.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a number of RL lines. Which one?

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. I already own several pairs of allen edmonds shoes in more conservative colors As well as black leather oxfords From johnston and murphy. So I believe I have the staples down I was just looking for something a little different to spice up my daily wearers. I appreciate the input and will keep that in mind.

Tyler2106

Reaction score
What color shoes do people have for universal use? I have one nice black pair and a more casual black shoe. I work 5 days a week and am needing more nice shoes. Is burgundy the next best color or is another black fine?

I have black, grey and blue pin stripe suits and am getting a blue suit soon. I want the pair to match those before I get into earth tones.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't wear a black suit.

Brown and black shoes will get the least amount of looks. Burgundy does go with both navy and grey, but it stands out more, make it your 5th or 6th shoe. Also, don't get a burgundy calf shoe they always look cheap, if you want burgundy get shell cordovan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads