• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently got my first few pairs of proper leather dress shoes. Now I need to get some products to clean them and keep them in shape. What are some products I need to keep my shoes in good shape? Would it be fine to just grab some shoe cleaning products at Nord Rack or should I go to the AE store?

Just two posts above yours, Winston S. provided a link to the SF Shoe Care thread. I'm confident you can find comprehensive answers to your questions regarding product selection there.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help a newbie shoe-polisher out: try as I may, my brown Wingtips end my polishing session with a matte and somewhat sticky finish. What is the cause of this? Is this normal for some shoes... have I bought a pair of 'matte' shoes that won't get shiny?

My technique is perfect for my other pairs of shoes: they all end up wonderfully smooth and shiny and look exactly as I hope. This one pair, though: nothing seems to help.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there something I can do to buff up 'matte' finish shoes?

(I don't really know how to describe the shoes any better than this, so my apologies. If I need to provide more information please ask me specific questions so I can provide you with suitable answers.)

Thanks...

Are they suede?
satisfied.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hyt123

Reaction score
Typical (affordable) Mall store for someone with athletic build (15" drop)? In particular looking for pants that fit/won't rip. 32" waist, 26.5" quads, 40" hips. Unfortunately I rip pants monthly it would appear even though they're baggy in the groin area, unfortunately they balloon up when I walk/sit and just look weird if I buy something to fit my legs/butt.

You're going to have to either settle for "close enough" plus a good tailor, or go MTM/custom made. That's one of the negatives of having anything much beyond an 8" drop, you're way at the twilight zone of the bell curve and mall clothes just aren't designed with you in mind.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm a white guy who wears a slim 44R.  I just bought a silver suit - this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120865471021?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Is this over the top for me?  I just dropped 70 pounds and I wanted to get a cool suit.

Congrats on losing weight! Obviously it's a personal choice whether it's over the top, but since you're soliciting opinions I can tell you that it's over the top for anyone. As it was already said, it's made of plastic and looks that way. Synthetics like that might be great for space travel, but not dinner or work. Take a look around here and you'll see plenty of "over the top" done both very right and very wrong. If you're unsure of whether it falls into the "right" or "wrong" categtory, just read the comments associated with it, you'll soon get a group consensus. Good luck!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experiance with Rick's Kansas City suits. At $499, it might actually be a better deal than BB's 2x$?? deal. Think I might go grab a couple suits from there if I head good things.

http://www.rickskansascity.com/product/navy-suit

We seem to be awash in the $500 suits lately. Rick's, Suit Supply and the Benjamin suit. Not sure how any of the three compare with BB or each other, but worth looking into.

LM16

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to pair a cream colored linen blazer with other than dark jeans. Suggested color slacks/shirt?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mofojoet

Reaction score
Hi guys, i've been researching a lot of stores on yelp but i figured this place has a more reliable feedback.

Anyways , i have a bunch of All saints leather boots that are kind of worn out and wrinkled so if anyone here recommends any great boots repair stores in NYC area please post

Thank you!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi guys, i've been researching a lot of stores on yelp but i figured this place has a more reliable feedback. 

Anyways , i have a bunch of All saints leather boots that are kind of worn out and wrinkled so if anyone here recommends any great boots repair stores in NYC area please post

Thank you!

VIP Shoe Service Plus on East 55th Street. Just off Lexington.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads