• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Davidos

Reaction score
Is it possible for a cobbler to trim the sole on the tassel loafer so it dosen't stick out as much as on the penny loafer?

Attachments

• tempImageKaD5T7.png
    tempImageKaD5T7.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • tempImage9FBD3w.png
    tempImage9FBD3w.png
    2 MB · Views: 110

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for a cobbler to trim the sole on the tassel loafer so it dosen't stick out as much as on the penny loafer?
They'd be trimming the welt more so than the sole.

In any case yes, they've got sanding machines that can take off some material and then they would re-colour the edges.

My advice would be to leave it as it is. A very narrow welt can be a stark look, especially when looking down at your shoes, and I think it won't fit with the casual nature of your loafers which comes through from the last shape (even though they're in black calf).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions for leather work bags (read briefcase) for men that are available in Zurich? I have a family member asking for suggestions and I'm at a loss. I assume all the big fashion brands would have something but I'm hoping for some unique or inspired suggestions that are high quality minus the massive mark ups.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How high quality? Peter Nitz does amazing work

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something that can last a lifetime would be appreciated although not a requirement. So hoping for any suggestions and I am passing them on (thanks for the Peter Nitz mention).

abn5x

Reaction score
Hello everyone just got my MTM suit, and was wondering if these protruding lines seen in the fabric are to be expected?

In IMG_1927 I can slightly feel the protruding, in other cases it can only be seen but not felt.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1928.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1929.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpeg
    467.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1930.jpeg
    IMG_1930.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 428

Iskander

Reaction score
What kind of collar matches best with French cuffs? I'm in a wedding party and was told to get a white shirt with French cuffs,
It is not black tie.

Corded Dyson Vacuum

Reaction score
Pretty much any of your usual formal collar shapes, but if its for a wedding I'd lean towards more conservative spread or semi-spread. You could go cutaway, tab or collar-bar if you know the happy couple will be OK with it.

Just avoid any soft collars or button-downs.

juliarr

Reaction score
Something that's always bothered me. How was polyester so abundant during the '70s, a period marked by a historic oil crisis?

Rowyourboat

Reaction score
I saw this tom ford suit for sale on a secondhand site but I can't figure out what model / base it is. I think it's the Shelton Glen check but really not sure:

TOM127723_1_enlarged.jpg

Any idea/thoughts?

LJ1891

Reaction score
Yes. A good alterations tailor will unpick the thread and re-do it another colour. Price will depend on whether it is done by machine or hand. If you're a bit crafty it's something you can learn to do yourself, although that's true of everything I suppose.
You were correct. I found an alterations tailor(after a modest search) that did the job. $15/hole. Jacket is now good to go. Thanks for the advice.

pnin22

Reaction score
This is the label on a wool flannel navy pinstripe suit. Does anybody know what season or fit this might be from? It's probably not a Ludlow, but could be either really old or Factory?
20230313_080825.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads