• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Philip

Reaction score
So I had a couple of ties waitlisted at park&pond, they're still on my list in my account but they've disappeared on the site when i search for them,. Does anyone know what this means?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how would this pair for the evening:

b-1.jpg

+
22462.jpg

with a gray suit+black cap toe AE. finish off with white PS

Last edited:

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just bought a watch with a goldtone case and now feel a little silly about it. Would you feel embarrased about a goldtone case on your watch? What about Roman Numerals?

Pictured here: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...yID=57376#fn=sp=1&spc=126&ruleId=64&slotId=30

IRL the band looks burnt orange, which I thought looked neat with the gold coloring. But I dont want to come across as someone trying to seem rich.

Thanks

Last edited:

tc20

Reaction score
Stuck between suit opens here.

I want a dark gray shiny suit....

Do i go with a Prada one I found or Do I continue to search with my Astor and Black Clothier and get another custom suit which are average suits?

Im guessing the Prada suit is better quality? i think?....I just like astor and black bc I can design my own suit.

???

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just bought a watch with a goldtone case and now feel a little silly about it. Would you feel embarrased about a goldtone case on your watch? What about Roman Numerals?
Pictured here: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...yID=57376#fn=sp=1&spc=126&ruleId=64&slotId=30
IRL the band looks burnt orange, which I thought looked neat with the gold coloring. But I dont want to come across as someone trying to seem rich.
Thanks

Gold tone is fine. Roman numerals are okay. I'm not crazy about the watch face. Check out some Seiko 5s in that price range. Doubtful anyone will think you are trying to appear rich.

Philip

Reaction score
where can i get good quality women's brogues?

skijake1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a longtime longtime lurker, first time poster. Be gentle.

I'm getting married in two weeks. I'm looking for a pair of brogues to match with my JCrew Ludlow Wool Flannel suit. I thought I had a friend who was going to use their discount to help me get a pair of JCrew Alden Waxed Longwing Bluchers. New, they're $485. Given my budget, I cannot now bring myself to pay that much (not that they're not worth it). The discount would have made them $339.

Barring another solution, I have a pair of AE MacNeil 2nds on order. They cost $264.

Is there another shoe I should be considering in this same range?

Does anyone have a pair of 9.5 Ds they want to sell?

Another JCrew employee out there willing to sell me a gift card?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about marriage attire, but I would guess that you shouldn't be wearing brogued bluchers. Why don't you get something like the Park Avenue or Fifth Avenue?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, a guy on the forum sells all Allen Edmonds models (firsts) brand new for around $250 here. Make sure you're ordering the right size.

$264 is overpriced for AE seconds.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads