Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

Need shirt/tie colour advice for my chalk-stripe (flannel of course), 3 piece CB suit that I'm wearing tomorrow.

2. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Can you post a quick picture of the suit?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

3. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

where can i find a inexpensive fine gauge turtleneck? would like to wear one with a vest

4. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Without seeing the shoes I assume this means that they have an antiqued finish. The process of "antiquing" shoes is darkening them (or lightening them, in some instances) to give the shoe an uneven and aged look. The end-game is to give the leather a rich patina that communicates a great amount of character in the leather. Here is a thread started by Ron Rider about his antiquing endeavors that might clarify the process as well as what it means to have antiqued shoes.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Those are all much better. The one in your original pic was cut back much too far. Look at how much of the tie above the knot and around the neck was showing in that pic. The three you've posted above all conceal the tie above the knot.

6. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Hey guys, I'm kind of freaked out; I sent out a Gitman shirt to Austrailia via USPS priority mail cept it has no trackiing or anything. I sent it out Oct 24th and the buyer just pmed me today that he hasn't recieved the shirt yet.. Is there anything i can do? Could it be stuck at the customs? I am also not sure if there is insurance on it... fuck me...

Shit really should have chosen express mail for the extra 15...

7. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Priority Intl packages usually has a tracking number and you should be able to track it both at the USPS and Aus Post site.

IME, if it hasn't reached by now, it probably isn't getting there at all.

8. Master Milano

It just has a Customs form # on it ; is that tracking? Yeah I am kind of worried of that too, what should I do if it doesn't get there? How should the payment thing work...?

Thank you!

Edit: Tracking is not available for the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box, but is an available added service for Priority Mail International Medium or Large Flat Rate Boxes.
    Insurance is not available for the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box, but is an available added service for Priority Mail International Medium or Large Flat Rate Boxes.

I'm screwed. I used a small...

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

It is a long number followed by US at the end. Put that in the USPS site and see ...

something like this
    CQ352920033US

10. Master Milano

It says acceptance on the 24th, and processed through a USPS sort factory on the 25th but ends after that? Has it been sent out?

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I never ship anything USPS if I have another option, FedEx is my primary choice and they have never let me down. I am not sure if you can send via FedEx internationally though.

Best of luck to you, I am currently struggling to not get scammed by an Ebay buyer and thankfully I sent the item via FedEx and have all the appropriate tracking information.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

edited

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

13. Master Milano

Thanks, I think i made a rookie mistake and will probably have to take the hit. There is might be a slight possibility that the shirt was actually recieved... but the correspondence between us has been great so I highly doubt it...

14. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Can anyone give me some thoughts/critisim about these loafers? They are a little beat up, and need to be resoled, so when I bring them into get resoled is there anything else (besides for a polish) that I can have the shop do to improve them in anyway?

[​IMG]

15. Philip

Philip Senior member

I wouldn't worry just yet, USPS can be horrible with intl depending on what sorting facility it goes through. Normally it takes me two weeks+ to get a package from NY to AUS because it can spend over a week just sitting in the sorting facility.

And as suggested before defs go with FEDEX next time if buyer can afford because FEDEX do intl shipping