Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Philip

Philip Senior member

no one knows anything about Grenson?

2. onix

onix Senior member

Grenson Masterpiece (mostly found as Paul Stuart Stuart's Choice) is great, comparable to C&J Handgrade, IMO. Grenson Rose is good, though I think they're discontinued. Current Grenson's are not worth it.

3. viator

viator Senior member

4. Philip

Philip Senior member

Thanks. Considering the price of their boots though (approx 180 GBP), could i find something of better quality at a similar price point? <300USD?

5. onix

onix Senior member

Have you looked at Alfred Sargent?

6. Philip

Philip Senior member

Yep, can't find a pebble grain black wingtip boot anywhere online in a uk9, but the only places online i know of that have AS are pediwear and shoehealer

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

These work nicely. Great shoes btw and yes they're C&J.

8. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Look for quality stuff, regardless of brand name. Seriously, there are a ton of names you should be looking for, too many to list, and there are some brands that are great in some circumstances and lousy in others. The best strategy is to just find the stuff that's well made. If you shop just by brand, you miss most of the best stuff.

So what were you in for?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  9. wrecked

wrecked New Member

Would any of you guys know of a jackets with faux fur hoods like this: http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/w...Id=12221&topCategoryId=12202&productId=855019 or http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10251&langId=-1&categoryId=88195&parentCategoryId=88195&topCategoryId=12551&productId=872667

with a plaid pattern like this: http://www.amazon.com/Burnside-Flan...r_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1320181345&sr=1-1

I don't know where I've seen something along that design before, but it's been stuck in my head for a full month now and I've been going crazy looking for something like it. I'd have just bought one of those hoodies from abercrombie and hollister if I wasn't becoming OCD about this and didn't know any better about their questionable quality.

Thanks!

10. wrecked

wrecked New Member

Do any of you know of any jackets like these: 1 2 with a plaid, red color pattern like this: 3? I must've seen it somewhere but the design idea's been stuck in my head for over a month now and I've had poor luck finding anything closer to it than these 3.

11. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

It's amazon so I could return it no problem. I went into an AE yesterday, though, and found that a 9 is too big. I also found that the Kenilworths don't look as good to me in person as online.

Hmm. I'd take Cptjeff's recommendation on the MacNeils if not for the fact that the Calf leather ones only come in Walnut and Black. Walnut is too light for my tastes. The Burgandy Cordovan.. mmm... but too expensive.

Maybe I can get the Kenilworths to grow on me, as I don't really have much options - at least until there's a sale.

12. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

Can someone show me an example of a cheap/low quality leather belt back vs one that is higher quality. I'm having a lot of trouble here..

13. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

Can someone recommend a proxy service in the US? I recall reading a thread here where proxy service was offered, they offered to get anything from US and ship anywhere in the world, can you recommend something like that? I want to get a watch but the site is not shipping to my country.

14. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Can anyone recommend a brand for chinos in non-traditional colors like red, light blue, green and what not?

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Bonobos has what you're looking for. They're not the best quality, but with all their groupon deals and coupons for their website the price is very reasonable for what you get. Depending on the look you want, you may wish to get them tapered a bit at a tailor too.