• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Spurious

Reaction score

The colors are seasonal, they have all sorts of colors in the spring/summer. They were on clearance not too long ago. Not much you can do about the US issue though, other than proxies. Milanos show up on B&S pretty frequently.

Thanks, I will keep looking then!

LVMH

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a square Baldinini umbrella.

If anyone has one for sale please contact me via PM.

Thank you.

Davidmcclen

Reaction score
Quick question...or two.

I'm having a three piece suit made and I'm tempted to go for cut away pockets on the jacket - I imagine this will give the suit a more fitted look - am I right?

Also, with regard to pleats, what are the aesthetic benefits?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wannabe

Reaction score
Is it possible to lengthen a waistcoat/vest if I have the material?

I have a great 3-piece, but the waistcoat is too short by 1.5-2.5 inches. However, I will be re-cutting the pants, and will have extra suit material.

To my understanding, a tailor will have to replace the silk backing of the waistcoat while adding the extra material.

stylex

Reaction score
how do you get rid of the bulge of a dress shirt near the belt area? i'm 145, quite slim.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do you get rid of the bulge of a dress shirt near the belt area? i'm 145, quite slim.  

Get custom-made shirts or add darts to your existing shirts.

Last edited:

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're trying to find a rare pair of shoes and don't mind settling for a smaller width that you plan to be stretched at a cobbler, what is the greatest difference in width to be safe?
ie: if most of my comfortable shoes have a 4.4in shoe width, is a 4.0in width too small to be stretched to 4.4 without ruining the shoe?

This is very hard to say. It depends heavily on construction and last.

That said, assuming that both of these factors are similar; If they're bruchers, then you will have more room to breath, I would say maximum 3/8 of an inch. If they're balmorals, I would say an 1/4.

Verniza

Reaction score

Would this color have been a special order? The Alden shop only seems to have them in black, burnished tan and burgundy.

Any advice appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALDEN-99...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a6c882ef3#ht_3483wt_952

you do realize that shoe is black calfskin right?

Upper leather selected from the top grades of the finest tanneries in the world. Natural leather insole of pure vegetable tannage. Unsurpassed for breathable comfort and long wear, it assumes over time the contours of your foot shape giving a truly custom quality to the fit. Every Alden New England shoe carries a tempered steel shank, precisely contoured and triple ribbed for extra strength.
Carefully crafted in the USA.

SZ 8.5 E US

color black calfskin

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you do realize that shoe is black calfskin right?
Upper leather selected from the top grades of the finest tanneries in the world. Natural leather insole of pure vegetable tannage. Unsurpassed for breathable comfort and long wear, it assumes over time the contours of your foot shape giving a truly custom quality to the fit. Every Alden New England shoe carries a tempered steel shank, precisely contoured and triple ribbed for extra strength.
Carefully crafted in the USA.
SZ 8.5 E US
color black calfskin
Sorry! I meant to post this link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25092896...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3453wt_952

Looks dark brown to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads