• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend me a place in Houston to buy a tuxedo shirt? I know of the typical NM but I was hoping to avoid paying for name brand. I need it for saturday night so recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

So you want affordable non-namebrand tux shirt? Have you tried Nordstrom Rack?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you want affordable non-namebrand tux shirt? Have you tried Nordstrom Rack?

Yes, I care for quality over name brand. (that does make sense right?) I will take a look, any other recommendations? Do you have a broad idea of what I should be expecting to pay?

Last edited:

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers shop London and/or factory outlet Northampton:-
When does their Christmas/New Year sale start and what are the the typical discounts?

genocidal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fabric as close as possible to the color shown in the picture below. Looks like a really light silvery grey. any ideas? also considering other alternatives.. My main concern is the heat and humidity in Singapore, so looking for a 8-9oz fabric

tumblr_lsv4q0BZYj1qdjijro1_500.png

Thank you!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend good burgundy leather gloves,would like with wool lining and grain leather and which won't cost millions?

Try either Chester Jeffries or Madova.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have only recently started to build a wardrobe from scratch, and as this is the first time I've really cared about what I'm wearing, I need some help to point me in the right direction.

First quick question: I'm wearing mostly dark and black jeans (occationaly gray jeans and beige chinos), and want to buy a pair of shoes and an outdoor jacket (probably a pea coat) for the winter. What color combinations would work well, and what should I avoid when buying said items? 

sterling wear of boston has the best assortment of sizes and linings.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend a cheap v-neck undershirt that's long enough to stay tucked in? Can't stand the muffin top effect that happens when my undershirt comes untucked underneath my outer shirt.

try hanes v necks.

Philip

Reaction score

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a fabric as close as possible to the color shown in the picture below. Looks like a really light silvery grey. any ideas? also considering other alternatives.. My main concern is the heat and humidity in Singapore, so looking for a 8-9oz fabric
tumblr_lsv4q0BZYj1qdjijro1_500.png

Thank you!

J Crew, Uniqlo will have something like this once it stocks for the new season

Bateman87

Reaction score
The Allen Edmonds, Kenilworth is a great looking shoe for its price point. Especially with It's burnished tip, might be found cheaper during their black Friday sale.

Oh damn, those are gorgeous. I looked on Amazon and they had it for 25% off - $210 and only had one left in my size in Brown. Ordered.

Good choice/deal?

Bateman87

Reaction score
The Allen Edmonds, Kenilworth is a great looking shoe for its price point. Especially with It's burnished tip, might be found cheaper during their black Friday sale.

Oh man, those are awesome! I looked on amazon and they had one Brown pair left in my size at 25% off ($210) so I ordered it. Good deal/choice?

Also, is the sizing right? Size 9 fits me on sneakers and pretty much everything I've ever tried, except for Clarks, where 8s fits me. I was told that dress shoes are supposed to be a half size smaller since you wear thinner socks, but the ones I've owned (cheaper ones) always fit as a 9.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man, those are awesome! I looked on amazon and they had one Brown pair left in my size at 25% off ($210) so I ordered it. Good deal/choice?

Also, is the sizing right? Size 9 fits me on sneakers and pretty much everything I've ever tried, except for Clarks, where 8s fits me. I was told that dress shoes are supposed to be a half size smaller since you wear thinner socks, but the ones I've owned (cheaper ones) always fit as a 9.

I don't know what last those are on but I sized the same for my McAllisters as Clarks DBs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads