Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. inq89

inq89 Senior member

I am nearing a 42 chest due to weightlifting but am lean and stay around a 32 waist. Since suit makers don't have drop 10 suits, do I have to resort to buying suit separates? I'd like to buy my first legit suit (1818 fitzgerald) but it seems BB 42 suits are only available in 36 pants. Can a tailor take in 36 pants to a 32 without drastically re-cutting it?

2. SartorialConductor

SartorialConductor Well-Known Member

Any suit brands that usually have higher cut armholes? I'm hoping that'll stop my shoulders from rising to my ears when I bring my arms up.

3. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

Any high end trench coats or Loro Piana storm system to fit a 52L?

4. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

I noticed a great Isaia, and a nice Boglioli suit without buttons on the sleeves, just basting.
    This kinda put me off buying them. What is the general consensus regarding buttonless sleeves on jackets?

5. Mac

Mac Senior member

The "buttonless sleeves on jackets" are there so your tailor can get the correct sleeve length for you, just like unhemmed trousers. The respective Isaia and Boglioli suits should come with buttons for the sleeves.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

what shoes are these

[​IMG]

Nice set. I'd bet money those are Aldens.

I am nearing a 42 chest due to weightlifting but am lean and stay around a 32 waist. Since suit makers don't have drop 10 suits, do I have to resort to buying suit separates? I'd like to buy my first legit suit (1818 fitzgerald) but it seems BB 42 suits are only available in 36 pants. Can a tailor take in 36 pants to a 32 without drastically re-cutting it?

Yes. But consider the Regent model, which to my understanding has a 7" inch drop to the Fitz's 6".

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

That's the outer limit, but it can be done.

8. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

The "buttonless sleeves on jackets" are there so your tailor can get the correct sleeve length for you, just like unhemmed trousers. The respective Isaia and Boglioli suits should come with buttons for the sleeves.

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I hope the buttons are with the suit when t's sent. I'm going for the Isaia

9. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

Found a great pair of oliver peoples sunglasses the other day at the mall (Maceo - smoke). Does anyone have a reputable recommendation for a good place online where I might be able to save a few bucks?
    Ive looked around but oliver peoples dont seem to be sold through too many retailers. Thanks

10. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

No, that would almost certainly require a re-cut. Same for almost any other major change in waist size.

There is another option. Look for an athletic cut suit. Try searching the forum for threads with lists of them.

11. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

12. zanderman

zanderman Well-Known Member

What (affordable) brands make a larger shirt collar? I want something with 3.25-3.75 inch points, ideally.

13. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

14. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

the suede in the picture looks to be lighter. or is it the same?
    I think they are different colors. Linked the site because it tells you the last, maker, and a rough price range. My favorite color for that shoe is actually blue [​IMG]

15. refinery

refinery Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a question about the fit of Aquascutum slim fits.

Comparable to Express/UC of Benetton/Hugo Boss Black or other mall brands, how does the Aquascutum slim fits squeeze in between those brands and etc.?