• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get these kind of toe plates?
bIKCv.jpg

Kali

Reaction score
Trifted myself a tie. Tag says it's Jean Loire. Never heard of it and Google doesn't know it.

Does somebody here know anything about it?

s7mY1.jpg

I find the "finished by hand made in italy" text bit odd with the fact that Rome is spelled Rom in the tie. Is this some kind of knock off of something else?

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Who currently makes Missoni's sport coats? Their pants?

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoomDiggs
Probably not.

See, I was going to edit my post to avoid these jokes, but hoped people would avoid the slow pitch softball.
plain.gif
laugh.gif

feastmaster

Reaction score
So summer is approaching and I go out to the bar with friends almost every weekend. We go to our usual spot or out in the city. In either case it's a variety when it comes to dress, but usually the places in the city require some sort of formality. I'm looking for options when it comes to summer shoes and pants. I'm tired of Sperrys. At the usual spot I can get away with Adidas Sambas and plain shorts. I want to mix it up a bit this summer. I'm in my early-mid 20s if that enters into the equation. What would be an appropriate balance? Thanks.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the advantage of single needle stitching? Or is it just an older, more labor intensive hence more expensive method of production?

zerostyle

Reaction score
Suggestions for a belt to match these shoes with dark jeans? (Loake Stamford Chestnut Brown Grain)
Loake-Loake%20Stamford-Brown%20Grain-1380-657-1_med.jpg

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
A brown one.

Just looking for suggestions for the closest match to that light brown/tan/chestnut color. It's also pebblegrain.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Another question:

What's everyone's favorite source for ties?

I'm particularly looking for 3" width with lots of pindot options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads