• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Another question:

What's everyone's favorite source for ties?

I'm particularly looking for 3" width with lots of pindot options.

Sam Hober.com Fourinhand.com Drakes

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Whats the advantage of single needle stitching? Or is it just an older, more labor intensive hence more expensive method of production?

It looks cleaner. Same say it is stronger, or more elastic than double. The only thing for sure is that it looks neater.

BaronVonBishop

Reaction score
White wingtips/bucks with a navy suit... to a wedding?

Going to an outdoor wedding this weekend, wondering if it'd be ridiculous for me to wear white shoes with a dark suit.

It's not a super formal event, but I know only the bride is supposed to wear white. Basically, I'm looking for an excuse to buy a pair of white bucks.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does "Fully Lined, Fused Jacket" mean for a suit?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
What does "Fully Lined, Fused Jacket" mean for a suit?

Fully lined means the inside of the jacket is fully lined with another fabric.

Fused Jacket means don't buy.
smile.gif
It means that instead of stitched canvas to give the suit structure, they glue on/fuse some material. Both serve the function of giving the suit shape, but the first hangs better, while the latter has all sorts of problems - especially further down the road.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Fully lined means the inside of the jacket is fully lined with another fabric.

Fused Jacket means don't buy.
smile.gif
It means that instead of stitched canvas to give the suit structure, they glue on/fuse some material. Both serve the function of giving the suit shape, but the first hangs better, while the latter has all sorts of problems - especially further down the road.

Thanks, I was looking at some Canali suits at Bluefly and that was a description given.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Just looking for suggestions for the closest match to that light brown/tan/chestnut color. It's also pebblegrain.

Matching is unnecessary.

StefanC

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but it seems like the ideal place to find an answer for my question! I've been trying to find out for the past year where I can find this coat (the one worn by Tom Meighan, frontman of Kasabian, on the left):
1771.jpg
Any answers or ideas are much appreciated!

mjphillips

Reaction score
Where should I host images for B&S post? I know how to use URL image button but not how to upload one.

Rob01IV

Reaction score
I have 2 questions...

(1) what is the best fabric to make a suit out of that is conducive for south Florida weather?

(2) how much fabric is needed to make a pair of trousers for someone with a 44-46 waistline?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads