• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best options for a flannel to pair with this tweed?

Thanks.

kloss

Reaction score
Is a 4 inch shoe horn good enough for an ankle boot? I assume so, since the shoe horn is not intended to touch the insole.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm considering using a laundry service regularly once I move. I enquired and they say they machine wash them then put them in a machine to have them steam dried and pressed. I understand that using the drying machine at home is bad for clothes, does the process at a laundry service better, or similarly bad for cotton dress shirts? The thing is I don't really have too much time to iron all my shirts, so alternatively I was thinking about just doing what I usually do travelling anyway, hand washing while showering (is this weird? I've heard of at least 1 other person on these forums who does that), let it hang dry, and then perhaps getting an ironing service. I actually have enough shirts that I can save up several weeks of shirts and have it done in one go.

Alternatively I was just going to let it hang dry and wear it, I mean, it's generally not that wrinkled afterwards anyway, but I don't know if that's kind of bad. It's just what I used to do when living out of hotels, and didn't want to pay for dry cleaning.

Anyone?

Kevin Le

Reaction score
Found a great deal on this Leather Jacket during a Black Friday Sale. A small seemed to fit too snug so I got a medium, but the arm's seem a little baggy. Can't return it, so it's wear it or store it. But, regardless, I want to know your guys' opinion on how it fits? Does it fit acceptable, too big, decent, etc.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ can't see anything in the body from the pic, but the sleeves are obviously way too long.

ChuckinPA

Reaction score
The suits and ties in the photos look great. As to the shirt question, please remember that you are a member of the wedding party and a wedding day is the bride's day. Period. Anything which distracts everyone's attention from her will be frowned upon. I'd wear a white shirt or a very pale blue shirt (just enough to pick up the tie, but not enough to overwhelm it.) If you have to, or if the others in the party are also likely to be a little forward in their style, I like the check shirt best. The outfit in the first photo would be great for an afternoon wedding, if you weren't in the bridal party.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody know where I can get AE waterproofing spray in Canada? It cannot be purchased on American sites due to shipping restrictions on aerosol cans.

I know Harry Rosen sells Allen Edmonds shoe care accessories such as polish. So maybe they have it.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some good sites that carry Nudie Jeans in a wide selection? I want another Thinn Finn (I think that's what they're called?). I have a pair in dark indigo and really like the fit.I want another pair in a different shade of blue.

buchoelbrusco

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a job interview next week and was thinking on wearing navy trousers, black oxfords, white shirt and black skinny necktie, perhaps a black wool blazer cos it's cold. Any comments would that be an appropriate combo for the ocation

ellsbebc

Reaction score

Hi, I'm having a job interview next week and was thinking on wearing navy trousers, black oxfords, white shirt and black skinny necktie, perhaps a black wool blazer cos it's cold. Any comments would that be an appropriate combo for the ocation

You need to provide a generic description on the position, company, etc. If interviewing for a business role, anything shy of a suit is unacceptable.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I don't think so. Obviously very casual, and I think it's meant to have that rumpled look on the sleeves, based on the fact that the bodice is the correct length. It could be argued that the shoulders should be a little narrower, the bodice a little shorter, and the sleeves much much shorter, but, again, I think this particular jacket is meant to look a bit haphazard, so really precise and perfect tailoring would actually look out of place. So it comes down to whether you like this look. I think the deep-plunging v-neck T takes it over the line into douchebaggery, personally.

DjangoV

Reaction score
Would you consider this to be too large of a fit?

Yes, I would definitely consider that too large. Especially the right sleeve simply looks weird to me. But then again, this is not an outfit/style I would wear, so maybe I am mistaken. Might be a better question for the streetwear and denim section?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads