• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

maraca2020

Reaction score
EDIT: Looking for leather loafers with a thin leather sole that will wear in really nicely like these with creases/patina. I know these are gucci but looking for something less expensive.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Where can I find the Lands End year round trouser other than online?

2 sears didn't have them

You can either find a different Sears or order online. Pretty much the only options. What's the problem with ordering online?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the problem with ordering online?

In his post from 5+ days ago, he indicated that he needed the pants within about a week. I suggested he order online, and perhaps pay a few dollars extra for 2nd day delivery. Apparently, he rejected that suggestion, and now needs the pants in a big hurry.

In response to his follow-up question on the extent of the LE selection at a Sears store, I did inform him that the Lands' End departments in Sears stores tend to carry only a small fraction of the items available from LE online.

And with that recap, we've now all been brought up to speed. :)

I'm not in any way unsympathetic to his plight, although this is a perfect example of why it's sometimes a mistake to put off shopping until the last minute. And, I guess, an illustration of how buying online can sometimes be faster and easier than buying from one's local brick-and-mortar store. (Although local Sears stores are often a great convenience when it comes to returning LE items purchased online.)

lusso63

Reaction score
Is it a legal requirement that products are labeled what country they are made in? If so, are there exceptions to this? ( Quantity, or for export only )
As to labels that also identify where the components were made, is that also a legal thing or a marketing thing?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it a legal requirement that products are labeled what country they are made in? If so, are there exceptions to this? ( Quantity, or for export only )
As to labels that also identify where the components were made, is that also a legal thing or a marketing thing?

Assuming you're asking about the United States, a reasonable layman's explanation of the requirements may be found at http://business.ftc.gov/documents/b...ling-requirements-under-textile-and-wool-acts

Last edited:

Madmax812

Reaction score
Can a suit still have the natural shoulder look, while correcting/padding for uneven (thanks to previously broken collar bone) sloped shoulders?

atoms

Reaction score
Looking for sources to purchase replacement buttons (not gold) to tone down a navy blazer that came with black buttons. I've never bought different buttons before. I'm in the US.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
The word is "haberdashery". Go to a large department store. Follow the signs/strange scent of lavender and urine until you get there. When you do you'll find a Mary Poppins wishlist of ribbons and wool and thread and things...and...buttons. At which point you will realise you're surrounded by curious women of a certain age, eyeing you suspiciously and wondering if you're lost or a potential murderer or both. Identify one with a corporate badge on her cardigan (preferably matching the brand of the store you're in), and beg for help.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Those suggestions are very helpful, but not that funny.

Wait, is that what this thread is for?

jesPak

Reaction score
Received a couple ties in the mail - somewhat wrinkled - is there a way to fix this, or should I try to return? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads