• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

poissa

Reaction score
a friend gave me this, not sure if its salvageable with a good tailor take it in a little perhaps. thoughts appreciated. fwiw, i didn't wear this to work, just after work took a quick pic to answer this question
smile.gif
khaki2m.jpg
khaki1.jpg

daruma

Reaction score
DR4-NA.jpg
would those be too dressy to wear with khakis and a short sleeve oxford?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
no, they're in fact too casual (due to being blucher and light color) to go with anything more formal.

poissa

Reaction score
DR4-NA.jpg

I'm going to take a stab at this; they will match. The color appears casual. You could probably dress them up a fair bit but I certainly wouldn't try with dark colours.

poissa

Reaction score
onix,

what could you pair with those shoes?

daruma

Reaction score
they won't work with dark colors? like navy/royal blue? what about grey and dark brown?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
I would not wear them. This is the reason.

Onix - this tech question, not a clothes question. How do you change the URL from it's original to your own text? (As you did in the above quote.) I'm a noob at technology!
smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

EZ

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Onix - this tech question, not a clothes question. How do you change the URL from it's original to your own text? (As you did in the above quote.) I'm a noob at technology!
smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

EZ

Put your text between the url tags:

your text goes here

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Put your text between the url tags:
your text goes here

or, as you're writing, highlight the text you want to be the link, then click the picture of the world with link and paste the webpage you want taht highlighted text to connect to.

daruma

Reaction score
There's actually a darker color of that shoe:
DR4-BR.jpg
but i'm afraid it will look too formal. Will this color be more versatile than the one posted before?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
a friend gave me this, not sure if its salvageable with a good tailor take it in a little perhaps. thoughts appreciated. fwiw, i didn't wear this to work, just after work took a quick pic to answer this question
smile.gif

1. Is that cotton? 2. shoulders look a bit wide but by most people's standards it's an ok base to work off. If you can spend less then $50 at a tailors getting the back taken in so the thing has some "shape" (top back of the neck might actually need to be taken out) then I'd say "yea", it's not too bad. sleeves also a tiny bit long but I probably wouldn't spend the money to fix that. once the back tightens up, the sleeves will probably pull up a little more as you move. 3. Middle button only. Bottom always stays undone, top (3button) generally does too) 4. Color might not be the best for your skin tone however. Still acceptable though. I'd suggest looking up pics of guys like you online and finding the right shades of shirts and jackets. Examples: Yes, Yes, No (ok actually it's really only the red shirt, but the suit is a good color.) - generally complimentary shades of grey or brown, and navy look good. I'm no expert on this stuff though, I'd suggest doing some research on color-matching.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Thanks, Onix & Master-Classter.

EZ

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's actually a darker color of that shoe:

DR4-BR.jpg

but i'm afraid it will look too formal. Will this color be more versatile than the one posted before?

This color is much better. I am not quite sure why you keep saying that these shoes are too formal. They're casual since they're bluchers. These can never ever go with suits. They're quite versatile however. It's ok wearing them with many types of pants from jeans, to chinos (best bet) to dress trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads