• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

pstoller

Reaction score

Too much grey?

Yes. The slightly different greys will clash, and a grey denim uniform isn't a great look, either. If you want to go all grey, go with one pale and one dark. Grey and black can also work. So could grey and dark blue.

pstoller

Reaction score

What brand do you guys think Paul Walker is wearing on this picture? American Apparel?

Possibly. The AA will certainly do if you're trying to cop that look—although it would help if you filled out the sleeves like Walker, as opposed to the AA model.

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score
As I want to wear some shirts more often I have some noob questions:

Traditionally a curved hem means that it has to be tucked in the pants, right? But I think I saw lots of pictures were people didn't do so, also in the WAYWT-Thread on this side of the forum, especially when worn under sweaters, but also in other fits, I think. I actually like that look, but never really looked for it on the streets. Is it "OK" to do so? Is there something to keep in mind then, regarding the hem? That the curve is not to extrem and something like that? Where should the hem end at the front, sides, back?

I know that people where wear some unconventional stuff, but I want to wear it in a casual way and don't feel right on the mc-side of this forum.

Thanks in advance!

edit:
Ah, and I forgot something else:
When a straight hem would be better, is it easy for a tailor to alter it, to make it straight? And can a tailor easily alter how a shirt fits in the waist or has there to be a seam in the back?

Last edited:
Reaction score
@einfallsloserName123, a shirt that is intended to be tucked will usually have a curved hem and a longer tail at the back, so it won't come untucked. If I wear a shirt untucked I will aim for it to hit about midway down the rise and seat of my pants. I used to worry about straight versus curved hem when wearing shirts untucked but now I don't think about it much. The appropriateness of a tucked shirt (in an outfit with conventional proportions) is more a function of its length. It is easy for a tailor to turn a curved hem shirt into a straight hem. A tailor can slim the whole body by taking in the side seams, or taper it by adding darts in the back.

Last edited:

delluminatus

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with trucker jackets. Is this jacket too short? The bottom button of the jacket about overlaps the fly button on the pants.

herp

Reaction score
How is the quality of paul smith shoes and how does one size them (side zips)?

Last edited:

kbuzz

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of super dark selvedge denim. They are indigo x indigo and almost black. I can't seem to figure what shoes to wear with it. Either dressy or casual.

Never had an issue with the usual blue indigo Jean but these are blackish with black tonal stitching .Tried dark brown suede chukkar but they looked off. Black Blundstones were not bad but a bit too sloppy. So what are good bets?

Black Chelsea boot?
Black or burgundy chukkas?
Grey AE long branch type boot?

I have seen some tan wingtip a on the street that are not too. Bad but you have to be confident in the sharp,contrast

Any thoughts appreciated Thanks

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with trucker jackets. Is this jacket too short? The bottom button of the jacket about overlaps the fly button on the pants.

Trucker jacket is too short.
As a trucker, it's definitely NOT too short. The classic type III jacket has a cropped. 24-25" back length. For a more modern fit that accommodates modern, lower rise jeans (even the highest rise jeans are considerably shorter than jeans as late as the 80s) I've seen 25-26" lengths, which makes the jacket typically hit just under the belt line. Some designers do wierd things with the hems. Rick Owens, for example. tends to have a longer front than back. Unfortunately, this means that unless you are an assless wonder, that that gives you a bubble butt look. I saw it on a female SA, and it looked awesome. On a dude though? Typically less so.

All that said, this jacket is really neither here nor there. It's not really a trucker, but a hybrid between a trucker and a chore jacket. I like the material, but am def. not a fan of the design. It just seems ill conceived. If you tell me it's some wierd Junya thing, I could sorta understand it, maybe? But it doesn't seem exaggerated enough to be that. I don't think that there is a "right" length for that jacket, because I think that there are more fundamental issues with that jacket that render "fit" irrelevant.

delluminatus

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's called a waxed cotton trucker, from Gustin, but as you pointed out, it doesn't exactly look like a regular trucker. I think it feels too short, maybe because the style doesn't accommodate the cropped cut as well as a more "traditional" trucker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads