• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried this on last week and while I loved the fit and design, quality was a little subpar at the pricepoint ($1K).

semi-structured button up 'dinner jacket', with top button loop enclosure. hope to wear it as a medium weight winter jacket.

anyone seen anything similar to this?

Last edited:

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need a good pair of hiking boots. going to jordan for 2 weeks and will be spending time hiking through the desert.

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Quick question about Lee and Levis denim jackets...Lee Europe has the Rider...how does it compare to the U.S. Levis trucker jacket? I know both of them, the Lee in particular, are classics, but is the Lee version worth the eighty or so extra dollars? Thanks.

Hod

Reaction score
My grandfather's coach's jacket has some tears on it. One on the seam of the shoulder and one on the back. Should i try fixing it with nylon tape like Kenyon K Tape or take it to a seamstress?

Parmezans

Reaction score
My grandfather's coach's jacket has some tears on it. One on the seam of the shoulder and one on the back. Should i try fixing it with nylon tape like Kenyon K Tape or take it to a seamstress?

Do take it to a seamstress.
I think it's wort investing an amount in order for that jacket to look nice.
If you do it yourself, you risk making it look like you stole it from a homeless man,
but if a professional does it, it will look like it has character. :)
my 2c

I have a question.
Fall starts soon... I just remembered today, trying on some shirts- HOW do people layer without the hassle of wrinkles, shirts pulling out beneath sweaters, shoulder seams being dislocated on
inner layers etc.
It can be rather uncomfortable to wear a slim (well) fitted shirt under a thick sweater, feels.. constricting.
The worst thing for me is when I try to put something on while wearing my fitted shirts.

optional reading:
From easiest to hardest to layer for me:
Blazer: Sometimes, the shirt shoulder seams dislocate, and I almost always have to pull the cuffs out of the jacket sleeve because my sleeves are fitted.
Semi-thick or thick sweater: This is ever so aggravating. You need to raise your arms over your head to put it on, so that means your whole shirts becomes dislocated on your body
when you do put it on.
Light cardigan: Ok, THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF. I can only imagine style bloggers getting ready with a help of 3 other people for this to look good. Any of this, for that matter.
It's just impossible to take a slim fitted, light cardigan and layer it over a slim fitted shirt. The shirt's creases will be visible everywhere, it will get severely dislocated underneath and needless to say, when you wear a fitted shirt your movements aren't exactly liberated.

Apollox

Reaction score
I'm really bad at knowing when clothes fit. Even a t-shirt, I couldn't tell whether I was a small or medium until I went into a fitting room with multiple mirrors which showed me how ridiculous I looked in medium. Now I'm having this problem with a long coat I bought (only medium left in stock), can't tell whether it fits baggy or it doesn't fit. I also have trouble with skinny jeans and shirts. Is there any guide for how clothes are supposed to fit?

Parmezans

Reaction score
apollox if you feel comfortable in it man.

Wouldn't agree.
Many times, "proper fit" isn't the most comfortable fit.
Do you feel more comfortable in a regular fit, slightly billowy shirt, or a slim fitting one, where you can't raise your arms without stretching the **** out of everything? :)

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tried this on last week and while I loved the fit and design, quality was a little subpar at the pricepoint ($1K).

semi-structured button up 'dinner jacket', with top button loop enclosure. hope to wear it as a medium weight winter jacket.

anyone seen anything similar to this?

What is that? rg maybe.

I'm really bad at knowing when clothes fit. Even a t-shirt, I couldn't tell whether I was a small or medium until I went into a fitting room with multiple mirrors which showed me how ridiculous I looked in medium. Now I'm having this problem with a long coat I bought (only medium left in stock), can't tell whether it fits baggy or it doesn't fit. I also have trouble with skinny jeans and shirts. Is there any guide for how clothes are supposed to fit?

post a fit pic on here and get some proper fb

boned

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Corter's new belts? How do they compare to say Tanner's or Hollows natural veggie tan offerings? I know Tanner's is a stretch because it's a $100 belt, but I do think they're slightly overpriced for the job done (from what I've seen). Hollow's just restocked a 9 oz natural offering for $60 as well, which I'm very interested in.

Corter's

Hollow's

So I guess my main question is, does thickness matter? Corter's is 12-14 oz and looks like a beast, but Hollow's new 9 oz seems much more refined (waxed and smoother edges). What's the best value here?

direstrats220

Reaction score
I just got my corter leather belt a week or so ago, and I couldnt be happier. I also have a tanner belt, a filson belt, and a handmade belt from a local leather worker for casual wear. The corter belt is so thick you could rest a cup on it, and is currently breaking in very nicely. The hollows belts look fantastic, but I seriously doubt I am going to buy another belt for 20 years, except maybe a dress belt to match some shoes. As far as quality goes, the corter is not as nicely finished as tanner, but its probably more durable and has a great rugged look to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads