1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. whzgd

whzgd New Member

[ATTACHMENT=12507]image.png (2,289k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hello, I'm hoping someone could guide me in the direction of which jacket the man on the left is wearing. Any information, like brand, jacket type, is greatly appreciated!

2. masshi

masshi Senior member

so i bought a pair of timberlands from ebay (colorway i want is sold out in my size on other sites) and the pair came with small punctures on the toe of one boot and really bad glue stains and scuffs on the other

the seller said no returns on the product's page, but i don't want to be stuck with such a lousy pair

it's not the seller's fault since timberland's qc can really suck in my experience, but there has to be something i can do? do you guys think that a timberland store would take them and give me a store credit?

or should i resort to filing a dispute on ebay (which would be a dick move to the seller)?

3. Nanob

Nanob Member

Would love some suggestions for hats. I like cadet/military hats and, of late, bucket hats.

4. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

Does anyone over here have experience with Clarks? I found some clean side zips that might be worth a try at 120 euros.
    [​IMG]

5. rebirth12

rebirth12 Well-Known Member

How does Wings + Horns' quality compare to Saint Laurent's? I wanna buy a field jacket but Im really hesistant on spending that much money on the SLP jacket if there's a cheaper alternative like the W+H

6. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

I don't have an Saint Laurent stuff, but I can tell you W+H quality is good. Generally nice fabrics, good construction, details like buffalo horn buttons and riri zippers. A lot of SLP would be paying for the design and brand.

7. suchdoge

suchdoge Member

8. Kestasme

Kestasme Member

9. masshi

masshi Senior member

anyone have any advice for how i could slightly widen the toe area on a pair of 6" timberlands?

they're just a little too narrow for my liking, even with the thinnest socks i have

10. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^ take em to a cobbler. Stretching costs me $8 a pair at mine. Ive read things online about shoes in the freezer with plastic bags full of water, about stretching devices you can buy, etc.

1 person likes this.
  11. leeba

leeba Senior member

Does anyone make a nice, mid-grey (darker than heather grey, lighter than traditional charcoal) wool (or similar) baseball cap good for people with smaller heads/faces?

Smaller/flatter crown, narrower brim. Larose = crown is huge for me, Ebbets = too wide. Haven't tried on an Ervell suede cap yet with the short brim but that's on the to try list.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  12. Nanob

Nanob Member

From what I've read the following might help: put on a few pairs of thick socks and force your feet into the boots. Put a blow dryer on high and blast the boots with heat where it's tight, flexing your feet and toes concurrently.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-stretch-shoes-that-are-too-tight.html

1 person likes this.
  13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

That will work if it's just about 1/4 of a size … you can also put socks over shoe trees and stuff them in a little large and let them stretch.

1 person likes this.
  14. masshi

masshi Senior member

well, i am in san fran so i figure i'll just take them to a cobbler

dumb question, but will stretching them out noticeably affect the shape at all?

15. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

whats the best site for custom tshirts (looking at AA 50/50 only)? only looking to print a few

tried uberprints before but its a bit expensive...

16. wisedude

wisedude Member

Hey guys. I'm looking for a fit check on this vintaged Schott 654 in Black, size small. I've had the same jacket in medium for a while and felt like the sleeves were too baggy and that it was a bit too large for me in general, so I snagged this small (but can still return it).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My sense is that it fits pretty much perfectly except it's a bit tight in the waist when it's zipped up. It zips with no issue but the waist is tight enough that if I raise both of my arms above my head and then lower them, the jacket stays bunched up a bit (it doesn't return to where it should sit originally on the waist). Unzipped, it's 100% comfortable in all regards and I think this type of jacket always looks best unzipped anyways.

Thanks,
    A

17. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

18. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

19. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

So where would I look then? I want a military style jacket that isn't too long. I like the length of this jacket. And black works in every season.

20. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Timbuk2 does one. Don't do fabric - formula / milk spills common.

Source- I have three kids.

1 person likes this.