• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

torontobluered

Reaction score
I let the cuff come over the watch, because that is natural and not contrived. Some of my shirts have very small cuffs, in which case the cuff cannot come over the watch, but that is not the same as constantly having to make sure that your watch is visible by hooking the cuff under the watch.

People will catch sight of your watch every now and then. Just make a point of checking the time often.
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Yep, I ended up seeing somewhere else that the cuff should come over the watch. But like you mentioned some shirts have really tight cuffs (I happen to like the look of such shirts a lot) and I couldn't get the watch under the cuff if I tried. In such cases it's ok to have it out and on display?

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

In such cases, it isn't your fault, but you should still remedy the situation. In the first case, you look like a try-hard who is very proud of his first rolex. In the second case, you look like your clothes don't fit. Both are bad, and I'd avoid them both.

Of course, you could always roll up your sleeves to show the watch, and if you have a cuff that is too small, you could just unbutton the cuff.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rexzors21

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently purchased a D&G Ittiere t-shirt at the Goodwill Boutique in SF, and was wondering if it was worth anything?I cant remember the exact price, but it was definitely less then $20. I can post pictures if anyone's interested.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a pair of durable yet slightly dressy Chelsea boots under US $500?
Something real easy to take on and off, yet will be OK for deep snow (ie needs a vibram sole or something)

Last edited:

torontobluered

Reaction score
In such cases, it isn't your fault, but you should still remedy the situation. In the first case, you look like a try-hard who is very proud of his first rolex. In the second case, you look like your clothes don't fit. Both are bad, and I'd avoid them both.

Of course, you could always roll up your sleeves to show the watch, and if you have a cuff that is too small, you could just unbutton the cuff.

But I find that shirts look really good when the cuff is really tight around the wrist :( am I in the wrong?

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kross - I'm sure you could coax a member into selling you a pair, but I doubt you will be able to find 46 pairs! Why do you need so many, anyway?

I knew you meant 46 shoes, which is only 23 pairs.
nod[1].gif

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I find that shirts look really good when the cuff is really tight around the wrist :( am I in the wrong?

Style, of course, is subjective. I'm sure you could make a really tight cuff look good in the right context/with the right shirt fabric, but you should be able to follow the rules before you try to break them. I think most menswear authorities would tell you that the cuff should hit approx. at the first joint of your thumb (about 1 inch past the wrist bone).

Ask this question over in the Men's Clothing subforum, where people really know this kind of stuff. Streetwear and Denim can be pretty eclectic.

IDH

Reaction score
Where in the UK/Online should I look for nice quality oxford cloth button downs? Im typically a size XS but was considering modern tailor - What's their quality like compared to other brands?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads