• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Annoying and/or Stupid Things People At Work Do or Say

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

People that transparently attempt duplicitous manipulation.

Working with nurses must be a ******* colossal *****. Nurses suck.

Assholes that bring their cell phones to meetings. Leave them on the table. Leave them not on silent. My boss, his deputy and a senior analyst here are culprits.

I bring my cellphone to meetings and I check my e-mails and sometimes respond during meetings.

I wouldn't do it in a meeting I was running nor would I do it anytime my input was directly needed, but often I am in meetings as a "fly on the wall" or I am in a multi-agenda meeting where for stretches my direct input is not required.

I'm a big boss, I'm important, people need to stay in touch with me, and I can't afford any downtime while you drone on about details that I pay you to handle and not bother me about.

I can, on the other hand, blow the downtime I've created by being doubly productive in your meeting on SF.

Even worse and done by the person I mentioned above: we're both in the same meeting and she texted me. W.T.F? I told her to never do that again.

now that's a bridge too far.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yes, I check my emails, my schedule, etc. when I am a bystander in a meeting. If one has their device silenced, is not involved in the conversation, and is low key I don't have an issue with anyone checking their email.

This is not to say cell phones cannot be a major distractor and that the majority of people really have no clue how their behaviour disrupts and reflects on them.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
People who badmouth my boss (the agency head) for trying to interject some frivolity and motivational training into our workplace. I ask them if they would rather the boss not give a **** about them, see them once a month at most, etc....(i.e. our last agency head, who nearly ran us out of existence) Most of the low performers say something like "I just want to be left alone." Not surprising.

Also, people who badmouth the Governor to me. He's my boss's boss. How do you expect me to respond? If you think I don't like the guy, you know I can't badmouth him, so why would you make me defend him? If you think I like the guy, then why are you badmouthing him to me?

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most motivated I have been recently was when our frustrations with the top dogs were clearly shared by their underlings/our bosses. Knowing that your immediate bosses feel the same way as you do despite not being directly affected themselves is a much better feeling than being told "work quick because we're busy" just the same as every day this week.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
employees who take things way too personal. reprimanded a guy a few weeks back for a minor issue, then started blaming another employee for what happened. next day employee #2 told me employee #1 threatened to beat him up.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

employees who take things way too personal. reprimanded a guy a few weeks back for a minor issue, then started blaming another employee for what happened. next day employee #2 told me employee #1 threatened to beat him up.

Do you work for the maffia?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my previous employees turned tricks during her lunch break.

Well, i guess thats not stupid or annoying. She slipped me a 20 each time.

nvm then.

More later

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, I check my emails, my schedule, etc. when I am a bystander in a meeting. If one has their device silenced, is not involved in the conversation, and is low key I don't have an issue with anyone checking their email.
This is not to say cell phones cannot be a major distractor and that the majority of people really have no clue how their behaviour disrupts and reflects on them.
I do this, as well as check in here if the meeting is a snoozer. :laugh:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One of my previous employees turned tricks during her lunch break.
Well, i guess thats not stupid or annoying. She slipped me a 20 each time.
nvm then.
More later

What//???

Turning tricks in her lunch break???

Was she using the staff room ?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I bring my cellphone to meetings and I check my e-mails and sometimes respond during meetings.

I don' t have a problem with people checking their phones, I'm sure they all have terribly important matters to monitor. However, why is it on the conference table? Why is it not on silent so every time you get a spam email I have to heat it from 10 feet away? Put that **** in your pocket or lap at check it discretely. And put that **** on silent. Thanks.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I don' t have a problem with people checking their phones, I'm sure they all have terribly important matters to monitor. However, why is it on the conference table? Why is it not on silent so every time you get a spam email I have to heat it from 10 feet away? Put that **** in your pocket or lap at check it discretely. And put that **** on silent. Thanks.

Mine is on silent but it vibrates the whole table just a little. It's a reminder to you just how vital I am to the continued integrity of the fabric of the universe.

(posted while turning a trick in a meeting)

Last edited:

Villa

Reaction score
horror stories from work? I had colleagues which do not know about the limits of their capacities, basically taking on every task they were not even asked to fulfil. Making themselves more important even though they are just pretending...and impossible to make them understand. Always know more than you and stuff, but luckily it's over...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

horror stories from work? I had colleagues which do not know about the limits of their capacities, basically taking on every task they were not even asked to fulfil. Making themselves more important even though they are just pretending...and impossible to make them understand. Always know more than you and stuff, but luckily it's over...

:uhoh:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you working for the US Postal services?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads