• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I don't think AE sold a lot of these. They came late to the AE fall 2013 collection, as a webgem I think, and then was available at $197 immediately. Had mixed feelings about the harrier sole at first but decided that at worst it was a a $197 chili/cayenne LB after Recrafting. Glad I got them. The wedge sole is not everyone's cup of tea but I like how they look when worn with a very casual get up.

They were "cobbled" tigether expressly for black Friday last year.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

I actually quite like those, and really wish I could've snagged a pair when they came out! Speaking of boots, my humble boot collection (excuse the so-so photo quality): (L-R: Long Branch (brown grain), Dalton, Dalton, Eagle County) The ECs are a bit long for me (the first 3 pairs are all 9EEE, the ECs are 9.5E). But I love wearing them all anyway.
Tried some boots on today looking for brown tones for fall...but ended up with University Chili and some Park Ave in walnut. My color palette for my shoe wardrobe is pretty complete now for a while! 30% off at Macy's today!

Last edited:

The Hunter

Reaction score
Tried some boots on today looking for brown tones for fall...but ended up with University Chili and some Park Ave in walnut. My color palette for my shoe wardrobe is pretty complete now for a while! 30% off at Macy's today!

Is it in store only? The web doesn't have a sale price listed.

Skatenc123

Reaction score
With the GMTO coming in I had ran out of room on my super cheap crappy shoe rack, and my navy Eagle Country should be here soon. So i spent about 3 hours today making this rack out of pine from lowes. 4ft x 4ft.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the GMTO coming in I had ran out of room on my super cheap crappy shoe rack, and my navy Eagle Country should be here soon. So i spent about 3 hours today making this rack out of pine from lowes. 4ft x 4ft.

Very nice. I need one of those, my shoe collection has outgrown my shoe rack.

The Hunter

Reaction score
Yes I got it to work on the Park Ave, but I ended up calling my local AE store and asked them to price match since I couldn't get a 10E from Macys. They were more than happy to take care of me

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Is it in store only?  The web doesn't have a sale price listed.

Yes I was in the store, Lenox Mall, ATL GA
They said the promo today was 30% off purchases over $100 in the men's store. May be going on Sunday too, not sure.

Last edited:

sarteaga

Reaction score

These Universities are one fine looking shoe; lucked up on these at Macy's on clearance for $102. They have been on about 5 outings so far, and are very comfortable. The 3 last for these seem to fit me well in 11.5 D just like AE in the 5 last I wear 11.5D..... I think I am going to get a pair of walnut or chili of these too, I like them so much.
Update, as noted in post below, I bought a chili University and a Walnut pair of Park Ave today, both 11.5D at 30% off at Macy's

Will head to my local Macy's tomorrow and see if they can locate them at that price.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Will head to my local Macy's tomorrow and see if they can locate them at that price.

Good luck ......I got the University on the one day sale last week, they were clearance at 65% off regular price of $365 then I had a coupon for another 20% off to get to the $102. I know there are still some limited pairs in the ATL area Macy stores. I picked a pair for a buddy at work in an 11D as well, he was thrilled!

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody try on the First Ave Boots? looks like something I can get down with in cordovan. GMTO anyone?

WesF

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about winter/rain care for my AE cognac McTavish. Hopefully California will get rain this winter and was wondering how do I weather proof my shoes? This is my first pair of nice shoes and don't want to ruin them. Any advice? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads