• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Well dang, did you see any 12Ds? Thats a great score. Which stores did you check out. I didn't think Macy had any in store AE shoes. Just online.

Yes, I saw 12D personally at the Town Center at Cobb (Kennesaw) GA and the Lenox Mall store in Atlanta as well...I think the Lenox Mall store actually had 2 size 12D there on the racks.

stro

Reaction score
@RichieP i'm on the border between tree sizes too, and have some M and some S. i use the S for my shaker heights because it's a bit easier, but find that the same size trees can work for boots and shoes; it's just that boots require a bit more care in inserting the trees... at least, i haven't found any trick beyond that. if anyone has, i'm eager to hear it!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what I found on the Shoebank:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guess it's back to regular footware for me now :( My typical evening attire last week in Riviera Maya.

However, a touch small.

Took a while to catch up on the thread from missing a week. I gave up on the Alden thread.

The wedding went great and the I'm glad I went with the black PAs. Thanks for all the advice. Will get a picture up when we get some.

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
Well guess it's back to regular footware for me now
frown.gif
My typical evening attire last week in Riviera Maya.

However, a touch small.

Took a while to catch up on the thread from missing a week. I gave up on the Alden thread.

The wedding went great and the I'm glad I went with the black PAs. Thanks for all the advice. Will get a picture up when we get some.

Congrats!
cheers.gif
This reminds me that the last time I went to Riveria Maya, a beachgoer decided to photobomb a wedding in his Borat-inspired bathing suit. I hope yours was less eventful and more dapper.

rostov

Reaction score
Fetched my Banchorys from the cobbler on Friday, after having him patch front and back of a tear in the leather. There was some creasing on the insole that I swore wasn't there before, but otherwise they look great. Took them out for a wear today and, for the first time, wasn't afraid of destroying them as I goofed around with my kids at the playground. Not only will I use this cobbler again, but I've dropped off my Ashburys for new heels and my (still-like-new) Walnut shell Daltons for stitch repairs.

Crossing my fingers he does a good job on those Daltons... I'll be devastated if they come back busted or ugly.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Congrats! :cheers:    This reminds me that the last time I went to Riveria Maya, a beachgoer decided to photobomb a wedding in his Borat-inspired bathing suit. I hope yours was less eventful and more dapper.

Ha. Thanks. The wedding was here in the states. Just honeymoon down there. I could definitely see that happening as this place had lots of sites right on the beach. We even thought about rollingby one. Men's side was pretty basic. Some groomsman had bluchers with their suits but it was ok. Even the more fashionable one did. One of the photogs got some close ups on the PAs. Hopefully their good side. :)

nickatpsu

Reaction score
anybody try on the First Ave Boots? looks like something I can get down with in cordovan. GMTO anyone?
If you squint hard and add some thick laces, it almost looks like the Alden cap-toe boot. I'd be down with a cordovan GMTO if we get rid of that stitching on the quarters near the heel (is decorative stitching or functional?).

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the new AE 5th street bal boots (AE samples in burgundy shell) from member rebel222. I think they look really cool. I'll post a detailed review when I get them early next week. From the looks of it, I think AE has a winner. For those who don't know, these are the #5 last, same as park avenues.

rxJ68.jpg

ijBcb.jpg
Very nice!!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, looks like the main website has the web address live but no pics yet

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF270_1_40000000001_-1_5609

Very nice!!

If you squint hard and add some thick laces, it almost looks like the Alden cap-toe boot. I'd be down with a cordovan GMTO if we get rid of that stitching on the quarters near the heel (is decorative stitching or functional?).

Have seen pics of those before, the best looking fifth street out there imo.

-No toe medallion emphasizes the cap toe brogue perforations
-I think discontinued, so gmto may be only option
-burg shell or maybe ox blood would look great!

RichieP

Reaction score
Well guess it's back to regular footware for me now
frown.gif
My typical evening attire last week in Riviera Maya.

However, a touch small.

What? Those didn't come in shell? We could make a helluva GMTO outta that!
happy.gif

Congrats on getting married.
bigstar[1].gif
Didn't realize it was so soon from when you were asking for the shoe advice. Many happy returns to you and your new bride!

LanceM

Reaction score
Saw the ox blood PAs at my local AE store. Looks just a little bit lighter than merlot. Not a dramatic differnce.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thank you! Yes it was closing in quick, I had gotten the suit back from the tailors and my shirt had come in so it was the first time I could get everything together and was on the fence. The black was the way to go. I just noticed afterwards when I was wiping them down there was a spot that needing touching up on the edge dressing. Which is strange since I hadn't worn them since I last polished and touched up. Could have been from the dance floor. Oh well. Just hope its not glaring in the close up pics they did of shoes. Just need a navy suit now so I can wear the brown. Or with the charcoal suit to someone else's wedding.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an AE short wing blucher - the Hinsdale. Complete with AE yellow laces (matches the shirt I am wearing). Maybe this will push AE to introduce another short wing blucher.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads