• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilWagon

Reaction score
I've hired Steve Buschemi to come after whoever swiped the second pair of 15D burgundy shell westchesters in the time it took for the shoebank to check the status and then call the store to get them shipped in.

Last edited:

cincikid

Reaction score
Cross-pos from the Alden thread; please excuse my shameless double-dipping. I was hoping to solicit some feedback from the experts on this thread.

The boots I got earlier this month from TSM list of seconds have a defect that makes me a bit concerned. There's a tiny nick/dent on the side that may look like something fell on the boot or the boot or it was rammed against the sharp edge. That spot seems to have lost its structural integrity pretty much all the way through the lining. The spot is not at the flex point, but I am concerned I might end up with a tear down the road.

Is it something I should worry about? Would a competent cobbler be able to fix it now or later on?

Last edited:

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Kenwoods in Burgundy Cordovan and the MacNiel 5 with Red Dainite in the sale. I got both in half a size down (12.5) plus a width up (E) so I'm hoping they work out for me. I know the Kenwoods have had squeaking problems...anyone with experience?

Olifter

Reaction score
Just an FYI, JAB has 25% off AE shoes, includes Park Avenue, 5th Street, McClain and Larchmont. They ship from Wisconsin, so it's 10-15 days for delivery. I've been thinking about a dark brown Carlyle, but may go for a PA instead.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, JAB has 25% off AE shoes, includes Park Avenue, 5th Street, McClain and Larchmont. They ship from Wisconsin, so it's 10-15 days for delivery. I've been thinking about a dark brown Carlyle, but may go for a PA instead.
I have dark brown PA and Carlyle. The Carlyle the sexier shoe...by miles.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have dark brown PA and Carlyle. The Carlyle the sexier shoe...by miles.

For sure. Always best to buy what you really want, rather than settling for something else just to get a good deal.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to have a pair of walnut shoes refinished as bourbon? I have a pair of walnut Hales that have become obsolete now that I've purchased the walnut Rutledge. No need for two walnut captoe balmorals in my collection. I emailed Allison to see if this were possible, but have yet to get a reply.

iamsilvermember

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks!
Excellent! Great pickup. I love mine. The shell is different as it comes from Compel in Italy. But I would say it hold up quite well and is on par. Mogano vacillates from dark brown to deep purple depending on the light. It's a great color

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get the opinion of the AE crowd on the Alden x Leffot PT Boot - I really like this makeup though I wish it had a captoe... It is a Barrie last so I am thinking if I am 13 D/E in Shaker heights and Dalton(with some toe room to spare...would I be going down to a 12 in this Alden?

Going to wait a little bit to see if AE releases it's fall line up of boots as I would prefer to go the AE route perhaps with an MTO .

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Wanted to get the opinion of the AE crowd on the Alden x Leffot PT Boot  - I really like this makeup though I wish it had a captoe... It is a Barrie last so I am thinking if I am 13 D/E in Shaker heights and Dalton(with some toe room to spare...would I be going down to a 12 in this Alden?

Going to wait a little bit to see if AE releases it's fall line up of boots as I would prefer to go the AE route perhaps with an MTO .

Barrie is 1/2 down from Brannock. BTW Alden NYC has a brown CXL captoe.
http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/DRESSCASUALS2.html

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks tifosi- I like that and prefer the lighter welt...may have to take a jaunt over to the store and try them on

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks tifosi- I like that and prefer the lighter welt...may have to take a jaunt over to the store and try them on

No problem. Always here to spend your money.

Mean Mr Mustard

Reaction score
There seems to be precious little information online about AE's Hancocks. Can anyone let me know how they fit and what you think of them in general? I put an order in through the ShoeBank for some Hancocks a few days ago. I haven't received a response yet, and in the meantime I've started wondering if maybe I should've gone for a larger size. I ordered a 9D, which is my size on the 5-last, but a few reviews of the Hancock on the AE site say that the shoe runs small.

Any Hancock pics, especially the burgundy, would also be much appreciated -- precious few of those online too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members