• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got some Brooks Bros. Park Aves. today and they feel a bit tighter than my regular AE Park/Fifth Aves. I'm not sure it's enough of a difference to warrant going up in size or width, though. I'm thinking once they break-in stretch out a bit, they'll be fine, but does anyone here go up in size for the Brooks shoes?

Brooks brothers shoes use the poron insole, which makes them fit somewhat tighter. For some people, it isn' a big deal, but for others (myself included) the size is different. I actually just returned my brooks brothers ones and order the same shoe from AE.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you at least bought the SA dinner after that fleecing.

Haha! I would have done, but C21 is like Nordstrom Rack. Just boxes of shoes sitting around. This one was originally marked $229, so it must have been sitting for a while to get marked down %75.

Then again, my size is rather unusual (10.5 3E)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the sort of deal you only read about on the internet.

Well done, sir!

Thanks, I was quite shocked and giddy.

jonesle7

Reaction score
I just received a new pair of Bayfields and the left foot feels a little tight on my front right side....is this something that will break in and stretch a little or am I SOL? The right foot feels very good.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok gents, I'm new to colored denim, so some assistance please? Which of these three AE shoes would go best with the burgundy jeans pictured? Navy spiaggia, walnut kenilworth, or black neumora?

Last edited:

evilWagon

Reaction score

Yep. I got charged 40 bucks. I guess you are a lucky man

Yes, that was in the past though, and things have been changing.

So you paid x for the shoes plus y for the shipping and then z for the up charge? Plus an extra 11% for exchange rate. Do you mind breaking down the charges for us countrymen trying to decide what's fair value?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, that was in the past though, and things have been changing.

So you paid x for the shoes plus y for the shipping and then z for the up charge? Plus an extra 11% for exchange rate. Do you mind breaking down the charges for us countrymen trying to decide what's fair value?

199 for the shoes
40 for shipping to Canada
40 for our lovely Canadian government

I think the strands are 350 CDN plus tax at Harry rosen. But those of course will be firsts.

I have a friend of a friend that lives across the border and does his shopping and groceries there so I could ship it to him next time. Only downside is there would be a wait about two weeks

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok gents, I'm new to colored denim, so some assistance please? Which of these three AE shoes would go best with the burgundy jeans pictured? Navy spiaggia, walnut kenilworth, or black neumora?

That's the advantage of wearing burgundy. You can pick any of the three and they'd still look good.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
^I agree that all three colors work with burgundy pants. I like navy the most with burgundy pants. I'm not sure I'd wear the black neumoras with them, since I don't generally wear double monks with jeans, but if you think they look good together stylistically, the colors do work together.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score

the could work depending on what you wear with it... the walnut color works... not sure if the kenilworths are a bit on the formal side though... spiaggia would look great... try on the pants with the different shoes and the tops you plan to wear with those jeans and see which ones look good. Ultimately, if you feel they look good, then they will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads