1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Very nice. I need one of those, my shoe collection has outgrown my shoe rack.

2. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

Only cost 80 dollars. Totally worth it. Now I just need to buy more shoes!!!!

3. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Hmmm party isn't working on allen edmonds. Is it working for you?

4. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

Yes I got it to work on the Park Ave, but I ended up calling my local AE store and asked them to price match since I couldn't get a 10E from Macys. They were more than happy to take care of me

5. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Yes I was in the store, Lenox Mall, ATL GA
    They said the promo today was 30% off purchases over $100 in the men's store. May be going on Sunday too, not sure.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  6. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Will head to my local Macy's tomorrow and see if they can locate them at that price.

7. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Good luck ......I got the University on the one day sale last week, they were clearance at 65% off regular price of $365 then I had a coupon for another 20% off to get to the $102. I know there are still some limited pairs in the ATL area Macy stores. I picked a pair for a buddy at work in an 11D as well, he was thrilled!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

anybody try on the First Ave Boots? looks like something I can get down with in cordovan. GMTO anyone?

9. WesF

WesF Member

Hey everyone, I have a question about winter/rain care for my AE cognac McTavish. Hopefully California will get rain this winter and was wondering how do I weather proof my shoes? This is my first pair of nice shoes and don't want to ruin them. Any advice? Thanks

10. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

the style looks great. unclear how the last (which is a new one) fits though!

11. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

Can anyone tell me how the 2 and 8 lasts compare to the 5 last? Thanks.

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I believe the Williams (Independence line) is constructed on the 2-last. I take both the 5-last and 8-last in the same size, but some people here go up one width size ( for example: from D to E).

In conclusion, if you find the 5-last perfect, then move up one width; if you find the 5-last to be slightly wide, then stick with the same size.

13. LanceM

LanceM Senior member

Thanks for the heads up! My local AE store price matched as well. I would rather give them my business than Macy's. The customer service is amazing there.

14. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello,

Picked up these from N-rack. Merlot AR Clifton for $150 and Magnanni for $200. My question is should I keep both or take one back? If so which and why? I know the AE is of higher quality but I'm not sure if Merlot is a versatile color. The Magnanni is brown and I thought would be more versatile a color and style.

....be easy guys I'm new to this.

Thanks

15. arepaberry

arepaberry Well-Known Member

Between Orlando, Miami, Cali Colombia, and Caracas
    I have a little bit of heel slip on my Jeffersons. I went for 6.5E because I noticed that my strands that are 6.5D are too damn tight and well I couldn't exchange them anymore (talking about the strands here) and I have wore it at least 20 times already. Any thoughts? I put those things that you put on the heel and it helps somewhat.

I don't really want to return the Jeffersons because there are not anymore of them in the company and well they were not so sure if they could make them because of the scarcity of the leather, unless I went on black which I don't want to.

16. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Well dang, did you see any 12Ds? Thats a great score. Which stores did you check out. I didn't think Macy had any in store AE shoes. Just online.

17. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior member

Dang, I think I am going to have to get a pair of those Dalton boots in Walnut! I tried them on yesterday and passed, going to have to try again. Beautiful boots....

18. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Clifton all the way. Merlot is a very versatile color; it can be worn where brown is appropriate and IMHO looks better with navy than brown.

In terms of versatility, a perf cap toe blucher us also easier to dress up/down than a balmoral quarter brogue.

Obviously, in terms of maker magnanni will not find a lot of love here over AE.

1 person likes this.
  19. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Tongue pad perhaps...do you have enough room in front of foot to go to a medium weight sock?

20. arepaberry

arepaberry Well-Known Member

Between Orlando, Miami, Cali Colombia, and Caracas
    I can try that and no thats the funny thing. The socks that I'm using are between thin and medium weight, but it feels already snug enough. I don't think I can go for anything heavier than this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.