• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UglyJoe

Reaction score
The bride and groom possibly?
If they are worried about what their guests footwear looks like.... well, then they aren't normal, with the exception of someone showing up in blood red spectators.

scrolls

Reaction score
The bride and groom possibly?

But ya, basically what UglyJoe said. The formal brown shoes that guy posted are perfectly fine for just about any wedding that didn't say "Very formal, black attire only!" on the invitation. If the bride and groom care they are crazy and have bigger issues to worry about.

UglyJoe

Reaction score

But ya, basically what UglyJoe said. The formal brown shoes that guy posted are perfectly fine for just about any wedding that didn't say "Very formal, black attire only!" on the invitation. If the bride and groom care they are crazy and have bigger issues to worry about.

Ha. True about the bride and groom... but now the wedding planner, bride's mother, and Maid of Honor might be people to avoid in this situation...

Last edited:

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
For those of you with the walnut strands do they would work a darker shade navy suit? Ive read people do but they never clarify how dark the navy is.
- when wearing this setup what color belt is preferred?
Here is the suit I was thinking about wearing with the walnut strands: http://m.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-suit-separate-navy-plaid-slim-fit?ID=649752

I wear walnut colored shoes with a similar shade of navy on a regular basis. I wouldn't wear them to court, but for most days it's a great looking combo, imho.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with the walnut strands do they would work a darker shade navy suit? Ive read people do but they never clarify how dark the navy is.
- when wearing this setup what color belt is preferred?
Here is the suit I was thinking about wearing with the walnut strands: http://m.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-suit-separate-navy-plaid-slim-fit?ID=649752

Some love it; some don't like it. I fall into the "don't like it" camp. Tried it one day and just felt it was too "flashy" for me. Try it out one day and see what you think.

smilelouis

Reaction score
received the BB strand walnut 9D today, LOL!
they look good. the insole and outsole are bit different from AE strand. seems that there is a pad on top of the insole and the outsole is partly ruber as you can see in the following pictures. rubber is ideal for me cos my job involves lots of walk.
the only regret is that you cann't find any AE logo trace on BB strand.

i just started my accumulation, here is my little collection:

1: AE Players in walnut, very unique and the left one is a bit tight

2: Salvatore Ferragamo, picked them up in Rome a few years back

3: no name italian shoes, vero cuoio sole, picked them up in Switzerland

4: To Boot New York, picked them up in Nordstrom Rack, vero cuoio insole+real rubber outsole, ideal for everyday wear

5: to boot new york, casual, very comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads