• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMT1

Reaction score

Sounds like it's time for you to branch off into other brands in '15!

Enzo Bonafe has many lasts that cater to high insteps. Perhaps a good place to start?

Come to think of it, most AE lasts are relatively flat in the instep (which is why they fit me so well). Except maybe the 7 last. Have you tried the MacNeil or Jomoc? The eyestays on my MacNeil practically overlap.

Great haul (and photos) though!

Thanks!

I'll definitely take a look at Bonafe. I was wondering where to go from here and figured Alden was the next logical choice, and I have been looking at the Carmina line as well.

There are so many shoe options out there, and I probably would have strayed sooner, but the AE store is just up the road from me. It's run by a great group of guys who make everything so easy, and they offer great deals on both firsts and seconds so the value is tough to beat, but I guess that applies to Allen Edmonds in general. :embar:

Neumok maiden voyage tonight for New Years dinner:

Have a great night guys!

(I also just remembered that I have the matching Neumok messenger bag, too. So I've got *that * going for me. :D )

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a page from the Alden thread, I'd like to post my shoe year in review for 2014, and what I'm looking forward to in 2015!

My Allen Edmonds collection began late in 2013 with a pair of eBay Long Branches in size 15.

Today:

shoes
1 Westchester burg shell
2 Leeds burg shell, recrafted w Vibram Oxford Gumlite
3 Ashton burg shell Gumlite
4 Ashton black shell Gumlite
5 Patriot brown shell Gumlite
6 Benton brown shell Gumlite
7 Hector black leather Comfort
8 Park Avenues black calf
9 Mcgregor bourbon calf
10 Patriot brogue suede
11 Fulton burg leather
12 Scottsdale burgundy calf
13 Scottsdale black calf
14 Eastport tan leather
15 Back Bay burg calf
16 Fairmont golden brn CXL
17 Westchester brown shell
18 Leeds Natural shell COMING SOON!
19 Leeds Green shell COMING SOON!

mid height / chukkas
1 Dundee black shell recrafted to Gumlite/chili welt
2 Dundee brown shell
3 Rothsay black leather recrafted to Gumlite, chili welt
4 Rothsay brown leather
5 Fifth Street brown calf
6 Fifth Street black calf
7 Bleeker Street bitter chocolate suede
8 Bellevue brown leather
9 Odenwald chestnut dublin leather
10 Haight brown calf
11 Ashbury tan leather
12 Bellevue Natural mto COMING SOON

boots
1 Dalton burg shell
2 Dalton chili calf austerity
3 Dalton bourbon calf wing perfs only
4 Long Branch brown shell
5 Long Branch brown calf
6 Bayfield brown shell captoe only perts
7 Bayfield dark brown calf
8 Bayfield brown CXL captoe only perfs
9 Sturgis Bob's chili
10 Eagle County navy calf
11 Eagle County merlot calf
12 Eagle County brown grain
13 Carson City black distressed leather
14 Original Eagle County Tan leather
15 golden brown cxl Long Branch w nat welt
16 golden brown cxl long branch toe only perfs
17 Long Branch Oxblood toe only perfs
18 Long Branch black cxl toe only perfs
19 Long Branch GMTO tan dublin COMING SOON
20 First Street Natural Shell COMING SOON

Plans for 2015 include far more wearing than buying. :)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

We have a winner!!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped in the local AE store for some flat laces but they didn't have any. Ended up getting some edge dressing and walnut polish but the point of this post is something the SA mentioned. I was wearing my Daltons and he said I should get some in Cordovan. I knew the colors but asked what colors they had anyway and he lists off the normals PLUS the ones from the trunk show. I thought that the trunk show Cordovan was done? Anyone else know anything about this? Not that I will purchase any since we have some housing things to take care of first.

rostov

Reaction score
My 2014 acquisitions:

Brogue suede Strands
Walnut Shreveport
Navy Banchory
Walnut shell Daltons
Duke loafer (football grain)
Brown grain Eagle County boots
Cognac Ridgeways

For 2015, I've already ordered a pair of Oxblood ECs.

In 2014, I also had my walnut Strands recrafted and new heels put on my Ashbury boots.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus on the 5 last vs the 222 last? I wear a 10D decently in the 5 (Strand) although I do have wid(er) feet and a high(er) instep. Should I grab a 10D in the 2 last or a 9.5E ?? I tried to research on here I didn't get a concrete answer. Thanks all!

The Hunter

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the rush street nordstrom has them for 195. Sizes are limited

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a nice fat gift card to AE for christmas. Who wants to decide what I buy? Here is what I currently have:

Park - Black
Park - Brown
Larchmont like shortwing - Walnut (can't remember which model, discontinued)
Delray - Walnut
Mora 2.0 - Burnished Brown

I would like something that can be work with a suit but also with trousers/coat.

What say you?!?

Anyone else?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you thinking of the Player?

I'd suggest a burgundy/merlot wingtip oxford, e.g. the Cambridge (shell) or McAlister (calf).

Honestly I'm not going to remember the name of it, even after looking at pictures of the Player. I'll dig them out tomorrow night and take a look.

Burgundy/merlot is nice...how are they compared to the ox blood? The reason I've stayed away from those colors so far is that my brain draws a blank whenever I try to mentally put together an outfit with those color shoes. :embar:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly I'm not going to remember the name of it, even after looking at pictures of the Player. I'll dig them out tomorrow night and take a look.

Burgundy/merlot is nice...how are they compared to the ox blood? The reason I've stayed away from those colors so far is that my brain draws a blank whenever I try to mentally put together an outfit with those color shoes. :embar:
I find burgundy /Oxblood to be versatile for chinos or a suit.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use the AE branded polish on your shoes? I see the pictures here of everyones shoes and the shines are phenomenal. I've never been able to get that shine on any of mine, but I do use the AE branded polish.

You all use another type/brand or method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78