• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatravel

Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These brown Neumoks just came in today from the big Nordstrom sale a couple of weeks ago. Great deal at $179 for first quality. I like them and they are really comfortable, but do you think they overlap too much with my Alden Natty Chrmxl LWBs?? I may return because I would wear them similarly.

Alden...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, you sound way too old and way too bitter... I'm with you my friend, my poor daughter's most common childhood memory is going to be daddy chastising her over and over again for repeatedly stepping on his pretty shoes!
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

I'm just kidding. I let go of that years ago (but it was difficult).

EDIT...

I'm beginning to better understand the Rydenfan/tifosi dual personality!
wink.gif
me???? Not at all. I am young and bitter
rotflmao.gif

epc2

Reaction score
^^I tried a pair during the anniv. Sale and found them very comfortable , but didn't buy them for the same reason(own a pair of Natt cxl) , Also still don't like the idea of bal/casual combination.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

I love speed hooks and I am not afraid to admit it. I find them so much easier to use than all eyelets. 

Me too. The only shoes I've ever sold were two pairs of boots with all eyelets (out of 30 plus pairs). I just did not enjoy putting them on at all. Indy boots with the speedhooks worked much better for me. It's good in a way since there are a lot of all eyelet boots I find attractive but would not get because I don't want to deal with putting them on.

LeviMay

Reaction score

I love speed hooks and I am not afraid to admit it. I find them so much easier to use than all eyelets. 

I agree with this.

I just received a pair of Bourbon Daltons (from our very own Freedbird) and they're my first set of all-eyelet boots. I guess I'll see how I like them.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess I would make it +4 now. Not the first time I have agreed with rydenfan, and I'm sure it will not be the last time.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
E's Promontory Point Boots... So after months and months of searching for a solid pair of boots at local discount stores (Rack, etc) I came across these. No pics right now but the link to AE's site is:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6643_1_40000000001_-1_

What is your guys' thoughts about these? Anyone own a pair? Personally, I think they are awesome and the price I paid ($160) was a good deal.

Reading some of the reviews on AE there are complaints of fit / comfort. I'm yet to wear them and probably won't until the cold air comes blowing through months from now, but interestingly enough they seem to fit great, especially when I have had issues fitting in some of AE's more mainstream shoes before.

Any opinions are appreciated.

cincikid

Reaction score
These brown Neumoks just came in today from the big Nordstrom sale a couple of weeks ago. Great deal at $179 for first quality. I like them and they are really comfortable, but do you think they overlap too much with my Alden Natty Chrmxl LWBs?? I may return because I would wear them similarly.

Alden...

This is a tough one, especially given the price for the Neumok. I kind of like the look of these new Neumok's, but I feel that I would probably reach out to Alden's way more often. This said, I've been going through the disenchantment with CXL. I just don't like how it ages. My OCD dictates that the shoes should not have ugly creases CXL is prone to.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LMAO! That's funny. Form over function there, right? haha!

Tighter spaced eyelets look so good. Especially when worn. When I see an AE boot laced up and worn it always reminds me of this:

Braciole%20068.jpg
haha gotta love some braciole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads